• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is a Rep Factory Like????

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Maxlove said:
Both Klink and I fought in the Tong wars of the 20's and please.....we are called "Little People" not midgets.

Much respect and thank-you both for your service...I had a great uncle that lived in the northlands and fought in the Ice Tong wars.

Yes you are right, "Little People."

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
secret pictures with hidden camera of a chinese REP sweat shop ! unbelievable conditions !

Production.jpg

ServiceRepair1.jpg

ServiceRepair2.jpg

Maxlove

29/6/08
I'm sorry but those are secret hidden photos of the Rolex repair center in Butte, Montana! Been there and met Sylvia and Carmen... They're both little people.

We're talking small here...tiny little fingers, tiny little hands and they can assemble almost 40 DateJusts an hour.

Still, very nice though. One of these should be the Rolex Christmas card.

[smilie=angel13.gif]

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Damn and Rolex would love us to think they are all wearing biochemical suits in a dust free environment. Oh well I guess they are human after all. :(

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
you can always spot a rolex tech.. they move in ultra-slow motion..

a habit developed from being told to take a year to make a sub..

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
by the way....

the pics are from a watch - service and repair shop......from ?

from what brand ??

koster88

Known Member
17/6/08
Dizzy said:
OK how about this.. :)

koster88 said:
Ok, So I'm one of these guys that drives down the road looking at building, and bridges and thinks about how they were built. I love to think about how it was done.

So lately since I've been hooked into the Rep world (find myself reading on a Sat night, Lame Eh?) I have been thinking about how these Reps are made. Where they are made, and what those places might look like. What kinda workers? Tools, machines, Etc. The cost/investment involved.

Here are some of the questions I have:

Are there many many factories that Build these things? like does 1 factory build 800 types of watches in a year?

I would guess that a good factory would build a couple different models.. maybe 4 or 5 different ones. Like the noob factory or the HBB factory if you guys know about that.

How do they come up with the design? Do they just take an orginal apart, and put it in CAD system piece by piece?

Most of the new reps coming out are apparently designed 1:1 (debatable) and they say they disect a gen and build it exact so that the rep will accept gen parts. This is not hard to do with todays technology.

How long does it take from the time they decide to copy a Gen, until its forsale?

I saw a short video of how a certain gen watch was released and 2 weeks later the replica was for sale in china. I assume that within a couple weeks you could stockpile the necessary parts to start up production.

How large would one of these factories be?

They could be anywhere from 1 person to hundreds of people. The idea of a 'factory' in china probably isnt the same thing we think about in North America when we hear the word 'factory'

How many of each Rep do they produce? I'm sure its different for each model, but are we talking 1000? 10,000? 50k?

Depends on the factory size

Where do our Major vendors go to buy the reps the send to us. Do they go to the factory where they are made? or is there some kinda underground store?

both.. they can go buy direct or have items drop shipped.

Are the crappy reps made at the same place the good ones are? They just made different levels?

I would guess different factories make diff quality of reps. I cant see a factory making one super rep and one brutal rep.

Just trying to get an idea of how the whole thing works.

It intrigues me!!

Thanks!!! You answered all of my questions. It really didn't even cross my mind that they are assembled in houses. I've got a whole new view on it now.

Maxlove

29/6/08
What is a Rep Factory Like???? TONG EXTENTION

Ice Tong Wars....I heard rumors about those....Dangerous dangerous stuff. Well thought out though. Your uncle was massive but with a very feminine accent until he got pissed then he just sang Islandic showtunes.

Who can honestly say that they aren't glad that most of that is over...well except around Grammercy Park and the Village but in Peoria and REYKJAVIK that are done.

Wasn't there a Tommy Tong that was the tap dancing leader of the Ice Pack?

I wish I had met your Uncle...I might not be a little person now if I'd had. [smilie=angel10.gif] [smilie=angel2.gif]

Please thank him for Klink and myself. I was brave men like him who we....well if we told you we'd have to do that whole waterboarding thing or at the very least some sort of Calypso show. They kept yelling about global warming and I said look!!!!!! (As I slapped him to his senses) it's just Spring damn it, it gets warmer in the Spring and then he totally admitted that the Hot movie lights melted the ICE and that the one polar bear that fell in had had too much cough syrup that morning..

But before they took him away he wispered .....I II IIIII have the BABABBBBest Sub!. I wasn't a watch guy back then but I do know that they didn't have Daytonas with Diamonds and Leopard bracelet that actually goes well with any Betsy Johnson outfit from the Tong uniform,,,it's where 30 years later, club kids got their ideas, [smilie=angel10.gif]

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
horologie_unitas said:
secret pictures with hidden camera of a chinese REP sweat shop ! unbelievable conditions !

Production.jpg

ServiceRepair1.jpg

ServiceRepair2.jpg

Dude, what are you talking about? Those are pictures of my living room! How did you get those? Are you stalking me with a telephote lens again?