• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is a reasonable time to allow myself to be refunded by a TD

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
TD who offered a refund since initial timeframe he/they provided would take significantly longer then originally mentioned (this was after my payment).

Yes, that happens usually when the factory they buy from has no stock, so don't worry !!

This all sounds perfectly correct so far, and we all realise that it can be an anxious time for some folks, especially if they haven't come across this scenario before.

Reactions: Cubby

Cubby

11/4/24
Yes it is (y)

Think of it like this, the business has to refund you, they communicate with you, then they process the refund, communication will now stop, because they have actually lost money on this transaction, time is money, they will be dealing with many folks in a day purchasing, which does earn money.

That's why radio silence now. If refund hasn't arrived inside a month I would be sending a reminder, but, ....

Me personally, I never ask for a refund, I would choose another watch to same value if a stock issue, I find that gets processed a whole lot quicker, also sometimes you lose money on a refund, because some refunds will get currency charges as well, depending on payment method, IDK about Wise 'cos I don't use it ;)

HTH (y)
100% make more sense to choose another watch.

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I can’t even explore this option as I am not getting any responses from the TD.
If you have already agreed a refund, then sending messages to change your mind will now be seen as a nuisance, especially as a refund is most likely already in motion.
This will be seen as a PITA, you honestly won't be doing yourself any favors. The general consensus here is a week or 2 for a Wise payment, so my advice is leave the TD alone and be patient.

Now, on the other hand, if the refund isn't with you in the 2 weeks then fair play, open the HDT.

Calm Down Season 5 GIF by Outlander

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Curiosity has got the better of me, how much are we talking here ?

£150, 300, 500, 800 ?????????????????????????????????????

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Specifically for refunds (which was acknowledged by TD during talks/communication).
look at it from 2 angles.

Yes, you're within your rights to be a little worried since you're dealing with not only fake watch sellersm but also.. the CHINESE>
Shit service is normal because they DO NOT CARE. It's easy to give them money and they get it in an instant... GETTING money back?
Whole different story.

the other angle is that people here are accustomed to waiting and waiting and waiting even if at times it's ridiculous.
But they aren't too worried because the forum is a money maker for these TDs . They charge QUITE a bit more for their watches through advertising in the forum and the forum does hold them accountable. The admins here don't play games protecting YOU the buyer.
So these chinese people aren't stupid enough to lose RWI as their golden goose.

It's like this..... your refund is not their priority....... they'll do it when they want as long as they don't get in trouble with RWI admins.

It doesn't take a week for bank to bank transfers unless there's a problem or it's done during the weekend.
But I'd still give it a week TOPS after the refund is initiated.

P..DR..D

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
look at it from 2 angles.

Yes, you're within your rights to be a little worried since you're dealing with not only fake watch sellersm but also.. the CHINESE>
Shit service is normal because they DO NOT CARE. It's easy to give them money and they get it in an instant... GETTING money back?
Whole different story.

the other angle is that people here are accustomed to waiting and waiting and waiting even if at times it's ridiculous.
But they aren't too worried because the forum is a money maker for these TDs . They charge QUITE a bit more for their watches through advertising in the forum and the forum does hold them accountable. The admins here don't play games protecting YOU the buyer.
So these chinese people aren't stupid enough to lose RWI as their golden goose.

It's like this..... your refund is not their priority....... they'll do it when they want as long as they don't get in trouble with RWI admins.

It doesn't take a week for bank to bank transfers unless there's a problem or it's done during the weekend.
But I'd still give it a week TOPS after the refund is initiated.
Where to even begin with this.... :unsure:

• Haha

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
/\ /\ /\ This (y)

However me having a bit more patience, I would leave it for a couple of weeks, then I'd be yelling and lighting the fuse !!

I don't burn bridges unless it's warranted, which, after 3 feckin' days it certainly isn't, I might want a specific piece one day and this TD is the only one who has it :ROFLMAO:

It is in fact over a weekend, and the clocks go back :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
no longer than 2 weeks.

Exactly ....

even thats pushing it IMO

The idea being the person waiting for the refund has been more than patient.

What we are effectively doing is dishing out plenty of rope, then when we start raising disputes, sending "the boys in", burning them at the stake etc we can claim that we are patient and have been more than reasonable ;)

It is a method I have used for 44 years now, and very effective !!

I don't imagine any RWI TD will make you wait that long, but sometimes things can go wrong ;)
Help Desk will be far more diplomatic than I would after 2 weeks, so obviously, if I were in OP's shoes I'd raise the ticket when 2 weeks has expired from the date they say it was processed ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: torian2595

torian2595

Getting To Know The Place
3/7/21
Exactly ....

The idea being the person waiting for the refund has been more than patient.

What we are effectively doing is dishing out plenty of rope, then when we start raising disputes, sending "the boys in", burning them at the stake etc we can claim that we are patient and have been more than reasonable ;)

It is a method I have used for 44 years now, and very effective !!

I don't imagine any RWI TD will make you wait that long, but sometimes things can go wrong ;)
Help Desk will be far more diplomatic than I would after 2 weeks, so obviously, if I were in OP's shoes I'd raise the ticket when 2 weeks has expired from the date they say it was processed ;)
How do we define ‘date it was processed’? Is this the day I (client) and TD agreed to just do a refund?

In any case yes willing to wait 2 weeks. Halfway there already (assuming refund processing date = day we agreed to do refund)

Thank you for your helpful inputs 👍

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
If it's a TD you'll get your money back. Just politely nudge them.

Unless your TD is Hont 😂