• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What hublot are you wearing today?!

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Beautiful! How did you get another strap to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there. It’s a Gen strap, but the tongue on this is slightly wider than the rep strap but not by much, so I filed about 0.25mm off each side of the tongue and although the slot on the underside of the tongue is a slightly different shape on the Gen, it nevertheless still works perfectly. By the way, I love that pale blue ceramic you posted in the shot at the top of the page - it looks genuine and also the pic directly above this. If that is not Gen, can I ask where it was from?

Last edited:

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Hi there. It’s a Gen strap, but the tongue on this is slightly wider than the rep strap but not by much, so I filed about 0.25mm off each side of the tongue and although the slot on the underside of the tongue is a slightly different shape on the Gen, it nevertheless still works perfectly. By the way, I love that pale blue ceramic you posted in the shot at the top of the page - it looks genuine and also the pic directly above this. If that is not Gen, can I ask where it was from?

It’s gen, Hublot summer

Reactions: leo6929 and aquamac

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Wish they had repped the 42mm, although the 45mm looks OK on my wrist with the canvass strap, I think the 42mm would be even better!

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Wish they had repped the 42mm, although the 45mm looks OK on my wrist with the canvass strap, I think the 42mm would be even better!

Personally I like a larger watch or 44/45mm better, however I do agree the 42 is more comfortable to wear, but I’d still rather have the larger watch

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
I have not seen the 42mm in the flesh so I guess might feel different when I have.

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
acd0e0f5a8a384a8d2bc5c7803faddd2.jpg

TMTFM888

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/5/21
Couldnt get the gen forged carbon bezel so took matters in my own hand