• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

Virgil.theturk

Known Member
7/8/16
HRSxzp.jpeg

aguida

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Wow @C Master you took me by surprise here :) Not because I did not expect a gen from you but because I simply do not understand how I missed this one. I have a passion towards worldtimer/dual timers/GMTs. In terms of been practical at what needs to do this one beats most of mine. And looking at the price point it makes it even more incredible.I think I am going to buy it right away but can I ask you to write a couple of lines of how you like it? Plus and minuses with it? Is Hamilton the most massively underrated brand in watchland? (I have searched RWI without finding any review or significant comment on it)? TGhank you if you will take the time for it. 🙏
And Merry CHristmas and Happy New Year to everybody on RWI! 🎄

Reactions: calamityjane

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Wow @C Master you took me by surprise here :) Not because I did not expect a gen from you but because I simply do not understand how I missed this one. I have a passion towards worldtimer/dual timers/GMTs. In terms of been practical at what needs to do this one beats most of mine. And looking at the price point it makes it even more incredible.I think I am going to buy it right away but can I ask you to write a couple of lines of how you like it? Plus and minuses with it? Is Hamilton the most massively underrated brand in watchland? (I have searched RWI without finding any review or significant comment on it)? TGhank you if you will take the time for it. 🙏
And Merry CHristmas and Happy New Year to everybody on RWI! 🎄
Merry Christmas.

I have a fascination with Hamilton. Gregory House wore a Khaki King in House and I thought it looked pretty cool. My watchmaker guided me in their direction and considers them one of the best out there in terms of bang for buck. His father served his time with Hamilton and Longines so he may have a bias.

They are true Swiss watches without the Swiss marketing gimmicks and inflated prices. This is the Khaki Navy GMT. I picked it up in the M2M gen section once I saw it I could not resist. I love the three functional crowns and it goes that little further with the GMT function than regular GMTs. I love all the complications for such a reasonably priced watch. The construction is typical Hamilton and therefore it is built like a tank. Despite having three crowns it has a high level of water resistance. The lume is proper gen superluminova so it lasts better then most reps. As an all rounder this ticks a lot of boxes and then some. I particularly like it on a Nato strap but it does have the awkward 21mm lugs so I just use one of my many 22mm Natos. I might pick up a SS bracelet for it to complete the look. I bought a cheapie on Ali but it does not get the desired look so I might just have to get a gen bracelet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

aguida

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Merry Christmas.

I have a fascination with Hamilton. Gregory House wore a Khaki King in House and I thought it looked pretty cool. My watchmaker guided me in their direction and considers them one of the best out there in terms of bang for buck. His father served his time with Hamilton and Longines so he may have a bias.

They are true Swiss watches without the Swiss marketing gimmicks and inflated prices. This is the Khaki Navy GMT. I picked it up in the M2M gen section once I saw it I could not resist. I love the three functional crowns and it goes that little further with the GMT function than regular GMTs. I love all the complications for such a reasonably priced watch. The construction is typical Hamilton and therefore it is built like a tank. Despite having three crowns it has a high level of water resistance. The lume is proper gen superluminova so it lasts better then most reps. As an all rounder this ticks a lot of boxes and then some. I particularly like it on a Nato strap but it does have the awkward 21mm lugs so I just use one of my many 22mm Natos. I might pick up a SS bracelet for it to complete the look. I bought a cheapie on Ali but it does not get the desired look so I might just have to get a gen bracelet.
Thank you for taking the time @C Master . I learned something today :) . Off I go and do more reading on Hamilton. Thanks, I will probably let me inspire by your watch.

Reactions: C Master