• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*****What Gen are you Wearing Today?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
16655079142621.jpg

ian marsh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/20
Actually my third watch of the day as I was WFH and bored. Started with a Speedmaster pro, then a Seiko that needed winding, finally my Triple Date

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Actually my third watch of the day as I was WFH and bored. Started with a Speedmaster pro, then a Seiko that needed winding, finally my Triple Date
I'm surprised this model isn't more popular, it's very nice. Is the 24 hour hand independently adjustable or always linked to hour hand? If independent I might look for one of these and use that hand for GMT.

ian marsh

23/10/20
I'm surprised this model isn't more popular, it's very nice. Is the 24 hour hand independently adjustable or always linked to hour hand? If independent I might look for one of these and use that hand for GMT.
The 24 hour hand is just a morning/afternoon indicator and is fixed to the hour hand. I thought it a bit pointless at first but it does help when setting the time since setting the date is a little fiddly so you want to know whether the watch is at 6am or 6pm.

I only bought this as an investment watch. I had just bought a moonwatch and figured I would wear that but in-person the triple-date is very nice and I tend to pick it up just as often. The dial looks a bit fussy in pictures but much less so in reality, I find.

Reactions: KJ2020

ian marsh

23/10/20
An older Omega this time. This is a birth-year watch according to the seller, although given the downright lies she told in her advert that resulted in a costly trip to the repair shop I am not too reliant on her dating.