• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What does sec@9 or sec@12 refer to

klovell86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/14
I have been trying to educate myself about different movement. Im looking into buying an AP Roo and they often refer to @9sec or @ 12sec what does this refer too?

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Sec @9 or sec@12 means the positioning of running second on the dial. (9oclock or 12oclock) The positioning varies with the movement that is being used to power the watch.

klovell86

19/3/14
Sec @9 or sec@12 means the positioning of running second on the dial. (9oclock or 12oclock) The positioning varies with the movement that is being used to power the watch.

Sorry the positioning of the running second on the dial i dont follow? NOOB here

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Look for a subdial (small hand with its own post) positioned above the 6 marker or next to the 9 marker, or under the 12 marker. If the small hand in the subdial at 6 or 9 runs continuously (hence, "running seconds"), then the large hand mounted to the center post will only run when the chronograph function is started.

klovell86

19/3/14
Look for a subdial (small hand with its own post) positioned above the 6 marker or next to the 9 marker, or under the 12 marker. If the small hand in the subdial at 6 or 9 runs continuously (hence, "running seconds"), then the large hand mounted to the center post will only run when the chronograph function is started.

Got it thanks!