• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you think of my rolex submariner AR factory?

trixxon

Horology Curious
12/8/23
What do you think

?

*Mod edit / QC images removed: Please familiarize yourself with our forum policies pertaining the posting of entire batches of QC photos without a specific question.*

Last edited by a moderator:

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception desk team!

You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New members say hi" section or because I spotted one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (all subsections) as they contain information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules! In particular, please take note of our sales rules, because as a brand new member, you will be —under any circumstances— NOT yet eligible to sell.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, this please take a look at this sticky thread:

If you need further help, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We're always happy to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

[Please note that this is NOT an automated message!]

Reactions: Feefo

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I think that you should read the rules and not just barge into a place and do what you want.

Reactions: TESLA760

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
What am I suppose to be " watching " ?. Another new member who didn't read the welcome links that @Feefo and @eBoy give new members. Or the fact that he isn't allowed to show QC pics and ask " what do you think ".

QC pics are for you to decide on the watch and not the members here.
Purpose of QC pic:

1) ensuring that you are getting the right watch
2) identifying any serious flaws in the item

You may post a QC pic if you have a specific question about a possible serious flaw that you have found, and want input on how common or acceptable it is. However, the purpose of QC pics, and especially posting it on the open forum, is not: "Dealer X has sent me this QC pic, what do you think?" or "xxxxxx under 1000x magnification looks slightly xxxxxx, should I accept?" etc.

We expect everyone to do their own research and homework as to whether an item is acceptable to them. If you haven't noticed a flaw, asking 38K members to jump in and identify all the problems they can possibly find is unfair to everyone. It's unfair to the folks who have taken the time and effort to learn about this hobby. It's even more unfair to the dealers, who have to individually buy the watches for you, inspect and photograph it, only to have you decide that some tiny imperfection which you never noticed in the first place, renders the piece unacceptable.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I may be mistaken but I think it's a watch.
@trixxon you already posted a similar thread and were given instruction on QC rules. A general "what do you think" is no specific question.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Are you serious? Multiple threads with the same question?

trixxon

Horology Curious
12/8/23
***mod edit: non-english content removed

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
What was the reason for this post? Was there something specific you'd wanted to learn about it?

Last edited:

trixxon

Horology Curious
12/8/23
***mod edit: non-english content removed

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
@trixxon I ask you again, have you read QC rules provided to you in earlier threads?
From one of those threads:
Purpose of QC pic:
1) ensuring that you are getting the right watch
2) identifying any serious flaws in the item

You may post a QC pic if you have a specific question about a possible serious flaw that you have found, and want input on how common or acceptable it is. However, the purpose of QC pics, and especially posting it on the open forum, is not: "Dealer X has sent me this QC pic, what do you think?" or "xxxxxx under 1000x magnification looks slightly xxxxxx, should I accept?" etc.

Furthermore, english only in the main forum, there's a french section in the international fora.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
"Rolex Submariner RAF Factory. What do you think?"

I think "RAF Factory" is a tautology.