• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What can i do with a yuki pro hunter??has 2824 eta movement im a total noob looking for suggestions

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
That's not really a vintage case- not sure you could achieve a vintage look with it. Those are specialty modded watches in themselves- if I were you I would just enjoy it as it is- they are neat pieces and if you have a 2824 in it that is easily serviceable to give you years of wear.

When I get the blahs over a watch I have- a new band can make all the difference in the world- a contrasting color in sailcloth, or a quality dark leather band would really change the look- and for a lot less money and headache I assure you.

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
agree with @Pinion Minion
Ageing this would give a weird result. I would not touch the watch head

I would go for a black PVD/DLC steel bracelet, or a thick dark grey distressed canvas or a red&black striped canvas.

If you are looking for originality, you can also try something like this. a distressed red suede leather. I will post the Etsy link if anyone interested. I bought it and it's just awesome

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Yuki used to sell this pro hunter 16610 as a kit in their website many, many years ago.

Considering this is an old school rep with flaws that are unfixable (e.g., the wokky rehaut and the wrong date window location (hence the ETA date disc font)), I suggest leaving it as it is or doing minor modifications to it. Minor modification might be upgrading the hands to rafflestime ones (http://rafflestime.com/white-merc-submariner-watch-hands-for-eta-2824-2836-metallic/), for example.

Comparatively, the latest ARF 16610 with vr3135 movement is far superior right out of the box for 498 usd. Therefore, your budget devoted to modifying/ improving your pro hunter 16610 should be comparatively limited.

Last edited:

Gabriel Gomes

Horology Curious
14/5/21
good evening, let me introduce myself, my name is gabriel, RWI member for two years, I've been looking for a good Rolex pro Hunter for a long time, do you have any contacts or sites to recommend, or someone who sells theirs? Thank you

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
Yuki used to sell this pro hunter 16610 as a kit in their website many, many years ago.

Considering this is an old school rep with flaws that are unfixable (e.g., the wokky rehaut and the wrong date window location (hence the ETA date disc font)), I suggest leaving it as it is or doing minor modifications to it. Minor modification might be upgrading the hands to rafflestime ones (http://rafflestime.com/white-merc-submariner-watch-hands-for-eta-2824-2836-metallic/), for example.

Comparatively, the latest ARF 16610 with vr3135 movement is far superior right out of the box for 498 usd. Therefore, your budget devoted to modifying/ improving your pro hunter 16610 should be comparatively limited.
Good advice as always @pompompurin!

• Love
Reactions: pompompurin

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
good evening, let me introduce myself, my name is gabriel, RWI member for two years, I've been looking for a good Rolex pro Hunter for a long time, do you have any contacts or sites to recommend, or someone who sells theirs? Thank you

I think this is the only acceptable and currently available pro-hunter replica:

You can contact the TD here to buy the above watch:

Reactions: Gabriel Gomes

Gabriel Gomes

Horology Curious
14/5/21
thanks for the reply, but I already wrote to Steve from the one watches and he told me that the pro hunters are not available

• Sad
Reactions: pompompurin