• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Audemars Piguet do you have on your wrist today? AP Picture thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

aututto

Renowned Member
27/10/12
No AP today...

ruquhu3u.jpg

I'm assuming this is gen? Unless I'm just not up to date because I thought reps were still in development? Either way nice piece, linde has sweet designs!

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
New V2 Grey Themes. Although it has the new sec@12 movement design (extra jewel around the central conversion wheel in the 5 gears that transfer second output from 9 to 12) the rough finish of the plates and of the gears, and the broken jewel with the three follicles attached to it with snot right in the middle of the gear mechanism resulted in a highly stuttering second output. 2 days and 20 hours of polishing plates and gears, refinishing gear teeth,realigning, cleaning and oiling, and I cannot even look at this watch anymore without pain. But the seconds are smooth now!
IMG_3720_zps5c72e3ef.jpg

Q: do you think if I bleach the tach ring, I can knock the black down to grey? LOL.

damn, its alot of polishing work,

may i know what strap its on?

can we have more shots with visible strap....

its a beauty mate.....:cheer:

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
damn, its alot of polishing work,

may i know what strap its on?

can we have more shots with visible strap....

its a beauty mate.....:cheer:

I wasted time assessing the effect of every little improvement. In reality, I would need to install 4 more jewels to get things perfect. The strap is AP Bands black horn back--I already switched it out for an Oracle black calf. (What ever happened to Oracle? They had metals inserts like OEM, and very high quality materials.) For me every rep is a project.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I wasted time assessing the effect of every little improvement. In reality, I would need to install 4 more jewels to get things perfect. The strap is AP Bands black horn back--I already switched it out for an Oracle black calf. (What ever happened to Oracle? They had metals inserts like OEM, and very high quality materials.) For me every rep is a project.

if you ever sell this watch, call me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
isnt it the v2 grey theme have a grey tachy ring also?

Nope, the China factories shot themselves in the foot with the V2 Grey Themes by releasing it with an incorrect black tach ring. I am thinking of bleaching the tach ring down to grey, to make it more gen. Plus side of the V2 is the very well-built Ti case. Grey Themes is a nice under-stated watch to wear in conservative business situations, where you might not want to wear a MH or a Volcano, LOL.
Wish Oracle straps were still in business: nice competition to AP Bands, and, in some important respects, near-OEM construction (w/ metal inserts like OEM) and materials.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
I'm assuming this is gen? Unless I'm just not up to date because I thought reps were still in development? Either way nice piece, linde has sweet designs!

Yes it's a gen :). Only 29 pieces were made of this moonphase. :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
With Navy Themes, you just have to dye the pushers, and repaint the Arabic numbers under a microscope. No problemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.