• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are the flaws in the Portugieser Perpetual Calendar RG 5033 APSF 42MM White Dial Brown Leather Strap A52610 Clone

3jm

Horology Curious
10/9/22
Hi everyone, I'm looking the buy the

Portugieser Perpetual Calendar RG 5033 APSF 42MM White Dial Brown Leather Strap A52610 Clone​

For my father's birthday and was wondering if all of its complexities (all the different dates mechanisms) actually work? And if so, do they usually last for many years?
And basically dose the watch last for many years?

Beyond that would love to hear about all his known flaws and defects.

Link to the watch:

Thanks in advance, I'll appreciate every bit of information 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Just going to put this out there.... Do you or your father really need to know the year by looking at your watch? . I understand the genuine has a year indicator also, but the replica will have a limited number of years to advance through before your out.

3jm

Horology Curious
10/9/22
Just going to put this out there.... Do you or your father really need to know the year by looking at your watch? . I understand the genuine has a year indicator also, but the replica will have a limited number of years to advance through before your out.
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you mean about the year indicator but actually my father has dementia so a big part of why I want him to have this watch is for all different date indicators.

Do you happen to know the number of years the replica has?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you mean about the year indicator but actually my father has dementia so a big part of why I want him to have this watch is for all different date indicators.

Do you happen to know the number of years the replica has?
Sorry about your dad's health. I unfortunately can't answer that as I've never seen one in person. Will someone be able to adjust the watch as needed for him? The concern is it will only have a roughly 36 hour reserve so if it's not worn regularly it'll have to be set again. Hopefully someone can give you a better answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb there will be a number of years forward as it was released late last year. Also, an option I can suggest to consider. The IWC 5035 annual calendar. It retains most of the information like day and month, but I find it more readable. I would not be too concerned about flaws as it's unlikely you'll encounter one in the wild.

Last edited:

3jm

Horology Curious
10/9/22
Sorry about your dad's health. I unfortunately can't answer that as I've never seen one in person. Will someone be able to adjust the watch as needed for him? The concern is it will only have a roughly 36 hour reserve so if it's not worn regularly it'll have to be set again. Hopefully someone can give you a better answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb there will be a number of years forward as it was released late last year. Also, an option I can suggest to consider. The IWC 5035 annual calendar. It retains most of the information like day and month, but I find it more readable. I would not be too concerned about flaws as it's unlikely you'll encounter one in the wild.

Thanks man I appreciate your help. The year indicator is actually something I really want for him but you raised an important point with the power reserve.

The IWC 5035 annual calendar is really nice too, I'll surely consider him as well. In the meanwhile I'll keep doing my research and maybe I'll come across something even better 🙂🙏🏼

Reactions: Rx4Time

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
i have the watch it goes to 2027 all functions work. it's a bit complicated to set but if its worn daily the that's ok.
my suggestion for a elderly man who has heath issues this is way too much of a watch

SikRipAndPanic

The answer is yes but what was the question
7/2/17
London / Essex Area
I tend to agree with @Virpag my dad also has dementia and has destroyed 4 watch's in the past 2 years (now at the stage he is living without life's luxury's) . I would suggest large numbers and as cheap as possible.