• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Oh, well, this thread has gone quiet for quite a while, so I thought I'd share a quick photo of a new find that I intend to try to being back to life :)

I have 0 watchsmith skills but this is hopefully about to change with my first restoration project: an old & rusty AP 2123.

Will keep you posted

Attachments

• IMG_6144.JPG
    IMG_6144.JPG
    811.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: nsk2135

RE-13

26/3/15
Oh, well, this thread has gone quiet for quite a while, so I thought I'd share a quick photo of a new find that I intend to try to being back to life :)

I have 0 watchsmith skills but this is hopefully about to change with my first restoration project: an old & rusty AP 2123.

Will keep you posted

0 watchsmithing skills and you are taking that on?!? Damn!! Good luck! Can't wait to see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
0 watchsmithing skills and you are taking that on?!? Damn!! Good luck! Can't wait to see how it goes!

I've always felt my self-importance is going to lead me bad places, hence decided to start acquiring watch smith skills on a proper engine: I could not find a Patek 324, so I settled for an AP 2123 :) But yes, on a more serious note, I'm too very excited about the project and even more curious where that will lead me? I'll probably have to acquire another movement and just post photos of it at the end :)

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16

Will keep you posted

Mate... where do you get all these gen parts?

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Mate... where do you get all these gen parts?

He's like a magician. With A LOT of connections!! :biggrin-new:

He's likely a magician that can expand time and spend more and more hours looking for AP spares at inflated spares. Or, he's an AP inteligence operative that lures RWI enthusiasts into providing their home and work IPs and collecta a database of those said enthusiasts with names, real life photos, travel logs, etc. :) but where does the truth lie :)

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
I put this one together with some parts laying around while I wait for some other parts to come in...

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
I know what you mean about overstocking and just collecting. I bought a black themes rubber clad dial just cause it was good value with no real intention of building one...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Just added this to the Franken world.
IMG_0528_zpsqo35qibj.jpg