• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Well executed GMTs which are NOT Rolex?

xray7

Amateur Rhetoric Wrangler
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
British Isles
I’m going to need a watch able to handle timekeeping across two timezones for the foreseeable future owing to work commitments - this is factual, but this is also how I’m justifying a new watch, do help me out here.

I’m feeling excessively Rolex’d out at present and I’m looking at other brands - not for this application but I’ve given in and bought a Cartier and some gen parts for a light Franken.

We all know Rolex did it first… but these days as far as reps, who else is going a good GMT? Any niche or unusual concepts?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
VSF makes a few good Omega GMTs

The Aqua Terra Worldtimer is very good there's many variants

Breitling Chronomat 40mm GMT also exists

There's some Panerai GMTs although last I recall the PAM088 had the incorrect function due to being a 12hr not 24hr GMT or something

Reactions: Dave2302

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Also forgot, Tudor GMTs are well repped by ZF

EI449

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/3/24
I have a Grand Seiko Elegance GMT (Blue Dial) from GSF and 5164a from ZF. I just used the Grand Seiko in Spain and Portugal and it worked great. I plan on using the 5164a in Japan later this year.

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I love this... still a bit Rolexy but hey....

IMG-0102.png

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
Just seen a member post his grand Seiko Elegance GMT from GSF and it looks pretty good.
Here is the link to PT.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
The Aquaterra Worldtimer is a belter, and I know you didn't want another Rollie, but a curved ball here ....

The Sky-Dweller is a proper belter, 24hr GMT function and Month Indicator* both fully functional on the ZF Reps.

Set month indicator manually once per month by turning Bezel, so not fully auto like Gen, but streets in front of the ones that are set on month @ 8 (August)

Last edited:

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I'm gonna have to support the Tudor GMT here, even though I sold mine pretty quickly, the watch was a nice break from the Rolex offerings in both presence and design. Always been a fan

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I've own a fair amount of GMT's since being here and here's how I rate:

- VSF Omega GMT's: best of the best, their clone movement is just awesome, and after some regulation, they keep as good time as gen.
- ZF Tudor BB GMT: Also good, but I could not get a good fit with the stock bracelet. You will have to buy a Uncle Seiko half link or wear it on a NATO should you not get a good fit. Also wears a little too tall.
- ZF Tudor BB Pro GMT: Loved it more than the BBGMT, has the T-Fit Clasp so good fit is almost guaranteed. Still wears tall as the BBGMT. Not too friendly with long sleeves.
- VSF PAM GMT's: Also very good, but variation is somewhat limited. Up to par with the Omegas from the same factory.

If you want to go the Tudor way, I'd wait till ZF releases the BB39 GMT that was just released by Tudor this year. Has all the good things the BBGMT does not have (thin, T-Fit clasp)

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I
I've own a fair amount of GMT's since being here and here's how I rate:

- VSF Omega GMT's: best of the best, their clone movement is just awesome, and after some regulation, they keep as good time as gen.
- ZF Tudor BB GMT: Also good, but I could not get a good fit with the stock bracelet. You will have to buy a Uncle Seiko half link or wear it on a NATO should you not get a good fit. Also wears a little too tall.
- ZF Tudor BB Pro GMT: Loved it more than the BBGMT, has the T-Fit Clasp so good fit is almost guaranteed. Still wears tall as the BBGMT. Not too friendly with long sleeves.
- VSF PAM GMT's: Also very good, but variation is somewhat limited. Up to par with the Omegas from the same factory.

If you want to go the Tudor way, I'd wait till ZF releases the BB39 GMT that was just released by Tudor this year. Has all the good things the BBGMT does not have (thin, T-Fit clasp)
Cannot wait for ZF to finish that BB39 GMT - Will be a great addition.

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22