• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig jampo

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Family and friends is the safest way. No charge back possible and if he did try im sure paypal would realise they made a mistake with the last determination

Bet your ass, it’s possible to chargeback a FF payment.

Reactions: curak

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Family and friends is the safest way. No charge back possible and if he did try im sure paypal would realise they made a mistake with the last determination

That's not entirely true - you should be wary of even F & F, as it's possible to cancel a transaction. Always check up on who you are dealing with, read previous posts/threads etc - don't just assume people are honest - assume they are dishonest then look for proof of the contrary.

5t3f4n

WTB Slevin/Ploprof
21/9/17
Ita - Eu
That's not entirely true - you should be wary of even F & F, as it's possible to cancel a transaction. Always check up on who you are dealing with, read previous posts/threads etc - don't just assume people are honest - assume they are dishonest then look for proof of the contrary.

Sad but true unfortunately

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond

tripdog How quickly would they need to cancel the transaction ? I know if i see the funds in my pp account i move them into my bank account asap. I agree with you that one needs to be vigilant. Ive been caught out by different members not describing or revealing relevant issues

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog How quickly would they need to cancel the transaction ? I know if i see the funds in my pp account i move them into my bank account asap. I agree with you that one needs to be vigilant. Ive been caught out by different members not describing or revealing relevant issues

That won't change much - your PP will then go into the red when they deduct the money - effectively making your PP account unusable, if you want to keep using that account then you'll need to absorb that loss by making a payment to get you back in the black.

It's also possible to set up' burner' PP accounts - nothing is 100% safe unfortunately, which is why you should always check who you're dealing with.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
That won't change much - your PP will then go into the red when they deduct the money - effectively making your PP account unusable, if you want to keep using that account then you'll need to absorb that loss by making a payment to get you back in the black.

It's also possible to set up' burner' PP accounts - nothing is 100% safe unfortunately, which is why you should always check who you're dealing with.

Shite ! Good advice, thanks. I guess most of us regarded family and friends as a safe way to sell

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Not to be a dick but aren't we directed to use family and friends?

No it's the opposite, check the sales rules :

Rule #8 :

Any and all forms of payment are now accepted between buyer and seller. This is due to a vast array of payment types being available worldwide as a convenience to you. PayPal "gift" is now permitted but not encouraged.

Reactions: DaleM

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The worst type of scammer, the pretend to be stupid type. Seems the intention was there all along. No manor of reasoning was going to change his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
why would Derinee accept only 50% refund...he did send the watch, he has proof of delivery, he is out of the watch and would be out of 50% of the amount also?

jampo Just refund 100% and when the package is returned to sender(which I don't believe but hope for your sake) then Derinee can decide to return your money

Last edited:

DetektivTudor

The rep addict formerly known as Elfriede
28/10/18
Heart of Europe
why would Derinee accept only 50% refund...he did send the watch, he has proof of delivery, he is out of the watch and would be out of 50% of the amount also?

jampo Just refund 100% and when the package is returned to sender(which I don't believe but hope for your sake) then Derinee can decide to return your money

Proof of delivery? Nobody signed for it, that's no proof and against the regulations of any shipping company and the reason PP sided with the buyer.
Same happend to me as a seller, they delivered to a safe location, i.e. under a neighbors car?! So I should just tell my buyer to forget it?
Come on, split the loss and hope for the insurance to step in for the rest.

That doesn't excuse the flagrant breach of RWIs rules and crappy attitude of the buyer, I don't wanna defend that, that's inexcusible.

Last edited:
Reactions: thenut

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
I have a feeling that jampo ran away with the money. Hope im wrong.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Proof of delivery? Nobody signed for it, that's no proof and against the regulations of any shipping company and the reason PP sided with the buyer.
Same happend to me as a seller, they delivered to a safe location, i.e. under a neighbors car?! So I should just tell my buyer to forget it?
Come on, split the loss and hope for the insurance to step in for the rest.

That doesn't excuse the flagrant breach of RWIs rules and crappy attitude of the buyer, I don't wanna defend that, that's inexcusible.

How should seller guarantee it’s being delivered TO the recipient if he doesn’t drop it off himself? This isn’t amazon. So assuming anything like that is delusional. Shit can happen, life goes on. It’s not like he lost his liver on this. If he can’t bear the potential loss, this game isn’t meant for him. PayPal didn’t side with buyer for that reason but simply because PayPal are a bunch of fools who always side with the buyer.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Some of you guys have no idea what others have lost in the mail. We’re talking genuine parts worth thousands here. Did they open a PayPal dispute? No. Did they expect the seller or person that sent it to reimburse them? No.

If talked through the situation like gentlemen, maybe and that is a big maybe, one could settle for a 50/50 split of the loss but that isn’t mandatory imho.

Katsumi Yamada

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/18
Agree.
Personally I wouldn’t give a shit if my package isn’t delivered. Obv I would feel bad for the buyer, but that’s it.
I make many pictures and videos before shipping, a good package and ship.
As soon as the watch leaves my hands all risks are on buyer.

Some TDs ship a new watch in these cases, but many don’t give a sheet. And they are TDs.
It’s the risk of this hobby.

Or you can go on the beach or open ROLEX doors if you want to be 100% sure you will have it.

IF the buyer is REALLY kind, I might decide to split part of the loss, but IT’S UP TO ME, it is not up to the buyer.

And I firmly believe in this case the buyer has got both money and watch and surprise surprise he just did exactly how he said: he split 50% of the loss.

Oh, wait, he didn’t? How come? He always did what he promised to do...

jampo you deserve bad things. Why aren’t you anymore in contact with the seller? Why aren’t you doing as you promised?

We are curious. Better having money in your wallet then in others ritghr?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: curak and tkingjr