• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig dreK & LordElrond

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tenor.gif

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Okok,
if i have to justify myself on my last post, i was just asking if someone could give me their opinion through the photos. we are primarily on a watch forum, I am passionate like most here, and I think many would be tempted to get a gen at this price there .. I never said I was going to buy it, I was just asking for an opinion - I think the people talking about law here are in a bad position to lecture me, here we are talking about rep, gen, franken and we are not necessarily talking about the origin of all the gen pieces that circulating in the market ... I'm not here to make any judgments about the person either, and I've always honored my sales here. this is my personal opinion, i hope you will understand me in what i say,
thank you for reading me,
best regards,
dreK

I said it in the first post, this is absolutely not an opinion, you can't just say something and say "well it's my opinion" to make it an opinion, it's a bit too easy.

You were looking for price advice on a known stolen watch from a close friend, I'm just using your own words. This has nothing to do with owning replica or buying them, people are fully entitled to judge you on what you said.

You waited way too long given that I know you read all the flames going on in your first topic and you did not care to answer.

You also get the false impression that to be a respectable member on RWI, you need to be a good seller, RWI is not an M2M platform, this needs to enter in the head of everybody. I have personally never sold anything on any rep forum, for example ... And many of our long-time members are in the same situation.

What you did and this answer is showing me that you don't really care about all of this, you are focused on buying, I don't think any staff member would like to have you as a member any longer ...

I was wrong in my wording in my post... I cannot encourage someone to fence stolen goods, and every man has to come to terms with his conscience.
What I intended (I'm not a native English speaker) is that I would really feel the temptation to buy it. I said I would... Not that he should... That is not to say that I, when the moment comes to take out the bank notes, I would actually do it. Saying now that I'm 100% certain that I won't do it I would be an hypocrite and a liar... Like many people who haven't been put into the situation to choose and chose the moral path.

You seem to understand that what you said was not acceptable, slip of the mind, talked too fast, wanted to take the counterweight of the general opinion in a post, I can find many reasons to your initial post.
Since you are a collateral damage of the post and that you, at least to me, showed a sincere will to explain and apologise, I will release you from the brig but will ask you to think twice before posting on a touchy subject. Please don't feel censored but warned that on some subject, caution is advised.

LordElrond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
Will do, and thanks.
I think that actions speak louder than words and since I never stole or scammed or fenced I sleep well at night... Even if I would have done better not posting...

dreK

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/10/17
France
yes indeed I take a while to answer because I am currently working, and my tapatalk has trouble displaying the pages ... I did not think that this kind of post would put me in this situation on this forum, sorry for the Impact of my post but I would like you to correct one thing, it is not a close friend who is looking to sell it, I never wrote that ... maybe my English is bad, maybe you have me misunderstood but I'm not here to do business, I've been on the forum ever since because the world of watches fascinates me

Envoyé de mon MI MAX 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

DrewThat

Not a New Member
4/1/21
Okok,
if i have to justify myself on my last post, i was just asking if someone could give me their opinion through the photos.

Asking for opinions on what is a stolen watch is the problem dude. While I'm sure you want to know what you or the other guy has is gen/rep, surely you can see that coming onto a passionate forum where members spend a lot of money on watches to ask about a stolen watch (that someone has paid for with their hard earned money) is probably a bad idea.

Hell - this is my 2nd post on this forum and even I wouldn't have the balls to do that.

I was wrong in my wording in my post... I cannot encourage someone to fence stolen goods, and every man has to come to terms with his conscience.

It's not the wording that has you in trouble here - it's the act of actually posting the photos in the first place and asking people for an opinion. It's like getting a girl to cheat on her ex with you, texting naked photos of your girlfriend to her ex asking if he misses her - you just wouldn't do it dude. There's no need and no point!

All the mods are asking for here is a decent apology of "I was wrong, I was stupid and I won't post photos of a stolen watch on this forum again" (probably more grovelling is needed given the seriousness of why you're in here but that's a half decent start).

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
It's not the wording that has you in trouble here - it's the act of actually posting the photos in the first place and asking people for an opinion. It's like getting a girl to cheat on her ex with you, texting naked photos of your girlfriend to her ex asking if he misses her - you just wouldn't do it dude. There's no need and no point!

All the mods are asking for here is a decent apology of "I was wrong, I was stupid and I won't post photos of a stolen watch on this forum again" (probably more grovelling is needed given the seriousness of why you're in here but that's a half decent start).

This user is not the same one, he wrote a comment saying that he wouldn't care if the watch was stolen as long as the price was good, he agreed that this was out of line, and since the brig is about getting a second chance, he was given one after properly addressing this situation.

yes indeed I take a while to answer because I am currently working, and my tapatalk has trouble displaying the pages ... I did not think that this kind of post would put me in this situation on this forum, sorry for the Impact of my post but I would like you to correct one thing, it is not a close friend who is looking to sell it, I never wrote that ... maybe my English is bad, maybe you have me misunderstood but I'm not here to do business, I've been on the forum ever since because the world of watches fascinates me

See tripdog answer above and I don't believe a single word you said here, you had ample time to check multiple time the thread, you read all the responses, I saw it.

dreK

INMATE
3/10/17
France
it is a person that I met through my entourage,
But not a close friend...

dreK

INMATE
3/10/17
France
yes Drew,
I realize what you are saying, I didn't think it was frowned upon otherwise I would never have posted it, at the same time I don't post a lot, so it's by making mistakes that we learn

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
yes Drew,
I realize what you are saying, I didn't think it was frowned upon otherwise I would never have posted it, at the same time I don't post a lot, so it's by making mistakes that we learn

You are not getting it, the fact that you think this could not be ok somewhere, is the issue.
It's not a mistake, it's a mentality problem.

While LordElrond showed that he understood the issue by being honest about it, here you are just illustrating tripdog back pedaling gif... you are just looking for a way out, If I asked you to bark to get out, you would do it.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
yes Drew,

Bro. Let it go. Say sorry wait a while and request to be let out of the brig....next time put your mind in gear before you put your mouth in motion.

IMart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/19
You absolute bag of crap. I hope karma bites you hard in the arse

DrewThat

Not a New Member
4/1/21
“This user is not the same one, he wrote a comment saying that he wouldn't care if the watch was stolen as long as the price was good, he agreed that this was out of line, and since the brig is about getting a second chance, he was given one after properly addressing this situation.”

yea I quoted the wrong person. Was all aimed at Drek!

dreK

INMATE
3/10/17
France
Heyo here, I can no longer display anything on the forum, is this normal??

dreK

INMATE
3/10/17
France
You absolute bag of crap. I hope karma bites you hard in the arse
is this tolerated on the forum?