• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig bthntnkn

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Not yet
On my side I have done all the possible moves to have my money back....
I don't think I will succeed but at least I tried.
Thanks for the interest 😉

Have you tried:

alfred hitchcock murder GIF by Maudit

Obscuranocte

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/1/22
Italy
Still nothing
My bank said the it can take up to 60 days for a resolution...

ADCJ

Known Member
13/6/20
CONUS
What the hell? It looks like this dude has a good job—why the fuck would he run a scam for $300? Not saying that he didn't, just commenting that it's weird. Meh, who knows? I was talking to a landlord on behalf of a hospitalized buddy recently, and the landlord (a millionaire many times over) randomly tried to grift like $1600 from me. I guess some people just suck.

Thanks to the RWI community for keeping us safe, and here's hoping @Obscuranocte gets his money back soon :)

Reactions: Obscuranocte

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
What the hell? It looks like this dude has a good job—why the fuck would he run a scam for $300? Not saying that he didn't, just commenting that it's weird. Meh, who knows? I was talking to a landlord on behalf of a hospitalized buddy recently, and the landlord (a millionaire many times over) randomly tried to grift like $1600 from me. I guess some people just suck.

Thanks to the RWI community for keeping us safe, and here's hoping @Obscuranocte gets his money back soon :)
He didn't just scam 300. He scammed multiple people out of different amounts.

Adding everything up and supposing he did this more than once. That's a bunch of money.

Reactions: ADCJ

Obscuranocte

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/1/22
Italy
Hi guys
Good day to everyone
Update from my side
I officially lost my 350 dollars
I just called my Bank after the term of 60 days of the complaint.
They will not refund me because I sent the amount on PP using an FF option.
So this case is not refundable.
My suggestion is to buy from reputed members or paying by bank transfer specifying for example "used watch" or "watch parts for repair"
In case the seller should not send the goods, the way to have money back is a lot simpler.
With the 99% of the probability to have the money back.
That said
Before referring to my Bank to have my money back I contacted Paypal and they told me they can do nothing if you pay with FF option.
So I received two negative Responses both from PP and my Bank.
Surely scammers know their stuff.
I thank again all the staff of RWI involved in trying to help me but nothing has been possible to be done.
I would like to receive some feedback from other members scammed here on RWI...even if I know already the end of the story.
All that I can say is that I wish to this young scammer a painful and shitty life from now on.
I repeat I wish Turkey was nearer...I would surely pay a visit to go in person to grab my money back.
But, good for him, it's too complicated (I work for a living and don't steal from people).
Hope this helps someone else being careful with certain individuals.
Cheers everybody

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
@Obscuranocte this is not the end, what you can do is contact all his "friends" on instagram.. tell them you want your money back. send them this thread.

hunt him down!

send them this link aswel!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Before referring to my Bank to have my money back I contacted Paypal and they told me they can do nothing if you pay with FF option.
So I received two negative Responses both from PP and my Bank.
Surely scammers know their stuff.

And yet every time we say "Don't pay with PP F&F, we can't help you" we cop a load of shit from people who know better who demand that it be an acceptable method of payment. and yes NONE OF THEM have been doing this as long as the people trying to tell you why it's a bad idea and then, stuff like the above happens to good people such as the above gent who believed the "experts" claiming the F&F is quite safe.

Some days I wonder why we even bother . . .

Folks, read what @Obscuranocte has to say in his last post up above and learn from his misfortune, please.