• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wedding Watch Question

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of picking up a Master Grande Ultra Thin Date 1548420 for my wedding day (this one here). I am wondering if you could please help me with some question.
how reliable is this movement and how loud is it please?
how close to gen is this watch?

Lastly, if any body knows... how would it compare to Philippe patek Calatrava 5296R Rep wise and reliability (this one here). These two are my top picks.

I would really appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
The Miyota movement is very reliable and easily serviced. The rotor is loud but it can be silenced with a service by any watchmaker.

In terms of quality and comparison to the ZF calatrava, I'm not familiar enough with either of those particular versions to compare to gen. Compare the two and their respective gens and decide which looks more genuine to you.

You may want to consider that the Patek Philippe in gen is like 30k compared to 10k for the JLC, in case that is relevant to you.

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
The Miyota movement is very reliable and easily serviced. The rotor is loud but it can be silenced with a service by any watchmaker.

In terms of quality and comparison to the ZF calatrava, I'm not familiar enough with either of those particular versions to compare to gen. Compare the two and their respective gens and decide which looks more genuine to you.

You may want to consider that the Patek Philippe in gen is like 30k compared to 10k for the JLC, in case that is relevant to you.

Thank you Tig990. The Gen price is important to me as I dont think I would ever buy such a simple watch for 30k, so the JL something I would go for anyway.