• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We NEED the new SMP repped..... *PICS*

pdraycott

Looking Around
5/1/07
The new Omega looks better but the rep is not good. I wonder if they will make a better rep than this one.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I asked a few dealers on this matter. They said not anytime soon. Now they are concentrating on making more "hi end" rep. What I mean is, they will concentrate on doing watch with value upwards 5k USD (the genuine). You can see current super rep such as IWC Costeau, Hublot Big Bang, Breitling Chronomat (they exhibits very high retail value on the genuine). This is the market that the repmakers seem to be targeting at. I won't be surprised if I see more of IWCs, more Panerai (again some is 5k ++), etc.

Veratio

13/3/07
Neither is very good looking in my opinion. But to each his own. If I had to choose, I´d go with the new one. Looks sharper, a bit more attention to detail.

Niclas from Sweden

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
I have to say I'm with the old one, it's just a bit more elegant.

1) The red seamaster letters seem a bit too much to me, if you know what a seamaster is / means as a watch, you will also know without the name in red being so overly shown.

2) I like the old's omega logo better, definetley because the seamaster letters are now also in the upper half, making it a bit more 'crammed'

3) The waves are also quite visible, like the subtle waves of the old one.

That said, If the old SMP's were sold out I wouldn't have trouble buying a new SMP, because it still looks great.

Rxus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/07
Just by looking at those hi-rez pics I'd say the new one has better wave pattern maybe even a lot bolder than on the old (gen dial even) not to mention we have all these new super reps, why not make this new SMP and correct the problems from the old SMP, like the He placement the better dial, correct pins and not screws on the SS band.

And like someone already said, it would sell by the shed loads.

varock

14/5/07
so it's been a while since this topic was brought up...has anyone found a solid rep of this watch? does such thing exist yet?

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
finisterre said:
Why have half the watch name at the top, and half at the bottom? That's like having G at the top and Shock at the bottom. It's just plain wrong.

It's like having Luminor on top and Marina on bottom. How stupid. G-Shock is one word, mr. brain, Seamaster is the series name and Professional is the designation of the model, or an appendix if you like. So it's not illogical. It's just like Porsche 911 Turbo, turbo being a designation of the type of aspiration. It could be that you think it's wrong though. I don't like it either.

What I don't like is more prominent waves and the new OMEGA letters are not cool this way.

Would I buy a rep of the new? I own the old rep SMP, so probably not, unless they can actually make this a 99% super-rep. Then, probably.

monty77

3/5/07
Here's my 'new' SMP I got from WBK for a very reasonable price indeed ... not the most accurate rep in the world, the waves are a bit shallow for example, but I like it :)

CIMG0727.JPG

CIMG0738.JPG

Adam

dmuir1

Horology Curious
9/3/07
Ah.. some one needs to review this rep! I haven't seen it anywhere. Is the He valve in the right place finally?