• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We need new Sinn Reps!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The big issue with the speedmaster is they would have to create a new movement.

That is a different scenario than with a Sinn, where they can slap a Chinese 2824 in there.

Isn't there some Seagull 2901 or any other Chinese Venus 17x movement that could fit the positions of the Speedy subdials?

jdr66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/18
The Netherlands
I had a short conversation about some Sinn watches with Andrew from Trusty. He said he would talk to the factory. But I still think Sinn is too niche....
This is my rep

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
I think the U2 is a great piece and the newer U50 is an ideal size for a bit of a push for Sinn.

I think the old models were by BP factory and they really did a great job on those.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I had a short conversation about some Sinn watches with Andrew from Trusty. He said he would talk to the factory. But I still think Sinn is too niche....
This is my rep

Man, this is so close, and then the alignment of the 15 on the bezel... What a shame. I always wonder how stuff like that gets to production.

jdr66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/18
The Netherlands

Does your U2 have the Swiss ETA?2836-2? can I ask you what the power reserve is? Mine doesn’t last from 16 in the afternoon until 6 the other morning. I would like to know, maybe I can bring it to a watch wizard to take a look at it.

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
Fun fact: some people on RWI are convinced that the market for a high-end Speedmaster is too small to create a high-end replica.

If you’re mainly talking about the Moonwatch, I think the biggest obstacle is the lack of any viable budget movement that gets the sub-dials even remotely close to the correct positions?

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
I myself am a fan of Sinn as my first rep purchase was a U1 on here from a M2M sale. I really have not found many TDs who have much Sinn stock available and I am still really wanting a Sinn U-Black model. Fantastic looking tool style watch I believe and I am really considering my first higher level gen purchase to be either a Sinn or Damasko.

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
I myself am a fan of Sinn as my first rep purchase was a U1 on here from a M2M sale. I really have not found many TDs who have much Sinn stock available and I am still really wanting a Sinn U-Black model. Fantastic looking tool style watch I believe and I am really considering my first higher level gen purchase to be either a Sinn or Damasko.

I think that Sinn reps were originally a BP factory product and that it has been quite a few years since they actually manufactured any.
Any TD that can get hold of any of the known reps, is finding NOS.

It would IMO be great to see some new factory start production or for BP to resume production and add a U50 to the line up.

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
Maybe it is simply because a Sinn U1 was my first purchase however I still have a thing for the Sinn U1. I really like some of the limited color versions such as the U-Black. I still see them listed at various TDs and have even seen many that were reduced in cost. I sent a few e-mails back and forth and learned that although they were showing on the website they were not available. I do not remember which dealers I asked. There may still be a few out there and the one I purchased here long ago is still going strong. I had it re-lumed shortly after I bought it and I still smile every time I wear it. It may not be a popular rep however if I could find anyone with nos I would surely buy it just for giggles.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada

Broke out my rep U1 today.
Not a huge fan of the giant rubber strap so am enjoying it on a nato I picked up from uncle Seiko