• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watches and coffee

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
5a13f19850631d143cb6f1b58a66c41b.jpg

f55cc6a53cb8fb19faa0ad5f8c7301b6.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
@Ruski91 you're able to do latte art with the Breville espresso machine? I can never get the milk froth quite right and every barista I know keeps telling me Breville machines make it hard to pull off latte art!

Go figure.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
@Ruski91 you're able to do latte art with the Breville espresso machine? I can never get the milk froth quite right and every barista I know keeps telling me Breville machines make it hard to pull off latte art!

Go figure.

It takes a bit to get used to it. Tilt the steam rod out all the way diagonally from the machine, insert the tip into just the top of the milk at a bit of an angle to get the milk to froth (foam). I like to do this at 3 o'clock position in the mug. There will be some hissing and bubbles but don't worry about that. Stay that way till the mug starts to change in temp. As soon as you feel it getting warm, I sit the cup right on top of the metal rack and let the steam rod go right down to the bottom at 6. If you do it right, you will start seeing the milk almost boil at 12. Once the mug gets too warm to the touch, you are done.

Doing this you might get too thick of a consistency. Can be easily remedied by mixing with a tea spoon a tiny bit. Then bang on the surface a tad and mix in circular motion while holding the handle of he milk jug. This will get the perfect consistency and no bubles.

I can't even try to explain what to do when pouring though. It took me about 100 pours to get anything decent past a heart. Lol

00c897b7c4580a227aac9b15e6f5314c.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
@Ruski91 weird, I froth my milk the exact same way you described, taping the mug on the counter a couple of times to even the froth and get rid of the small bubbles! I can do a heart (but most of the time it looks like a penis with balls, makes me wife giggle!) but still can't do the plant-like design.

I guess practice will make perfect!

Thanks for your answer!

Caesar

Grand Poobah
16/1/17
Lady's Island, SC
@Ruski91 weird, I froth my milk the exact same way you described, taping the mug on the counter a couple of times to even the froth and get rid of the small bubbles! I can do a heart (but most of the time it looks like a penis with balls, makes me wife giggle!) but still can't do the plant-like design.

I guess practice will make perfect!

Thanks for your answer!

There could be a market for the penis n balls froth out there somewhere...