• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**WARNING** Do NOT deal with ANDREW OAKLEY silvershark! **SCAMMER ALERT**

davidmac

Renowned Member
28/6/14
Sad story. At least there is some consolation in the fact that the scammer seems to be living a life of pure crap, living here

https://postimage.org/

and with that gf. I wonder what he thinks every time the phone rings or someone knocks on his door. It could be anyone, perhaps even the repo crew. Every time a package arrives, what could it be? Something that really stinks maybe?

The fact is that in that part of the world and many others there are private agencies that collect debt. Where I come from their success rate is near 100% and they only charge a 20% fee that is covered by the person paying the debt. I wonder if the scammer has considered the possibility that he may be approached by such an agency.

What's wrong with that house? I know plenty of decent people who own a house such as this.

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
Sorry to hear about your problem!
To be fair I am a recent VIP but have been here for awhile (over 500 posts).
I do not have more than 3 or so sales yet but that's because I hold on to watches too long.
Perhaps look at the post count as an indicator.
Someone with hundreds of posts will hopefully be too invested in this community to screw people

Msb2110

Horology Curious
30/8/16
It's not really my thing to go confront the guy. I'm not that type of person. I don't know what this guy is capable of. He's clearly got no morals. I've contacted police in his area and waiting on a call back from them

JimLahey

Renowned Member
11/6/15
Sorry to hear about your problem!
To be fair I am a recent VIP but have been here for awhile (over 500 posts).
I do not have more than 3 or so sales yet but that's because I hold on to watches too long.
Perhaps look at the post count as an indicator.
Someone with hundreds of posts will hopefully be too invested in this community to screw people

"To be fair I am a recent VIP but have been here for awhile (over 500 posts)." ~ Post count doesn't have anything to do with how long you have been a member here., you joined May 16'. Not saying I've been here for a while but 4 months is not awhile IMO. There have been a few members. There are many scammers that I have looked up but, there a few I have witnessed screwing over a fellow member even though the scammer had a high post count. It doesn't happen often especially with the amazing staff here, but you cannot possibly know when someone will be a MotherF*cker and suddenly scam another member. The mods & admins can't read minds, but do an insanely great job of protecting us members.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
"To be fair I am a recent VIP but have been here for awhile (over 500 posts)." ~ Post count doesn't have anything to do with how long you have been a member here., you joined May 16'. Not saying I've been here for a while but 4 months is not awhile IMO. There have been a few members. There are many scammers that I have looked up but, there a few I have witnessed screwing over a fellow member even though the scammer had a high post count. It doesn't happen often especially with the amazing staff here, but you cannot possibly know when someone will be a MotherF*cker and suddenly scam another member. The mods & admins can't read minds, but do an insanely great job of protecting us members.
+1 its unfortunate but it happens. buy the seller before you buy the watch.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Than stay away from m2m. And don't buy from anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidmac

Renowned Member
28/6/14
It's not really my thing to go confront the guy. I'm not that type of person. I don't know what this guy is capable of. He's clearly got no morals. I've contacted police in his area and waiting on a call back from them

Have you thought about the small claims court route?
If you go to money claim online; you can file the claim through that.
I'm assuming you have personal info such as address etc.

Msb2110

Horology Curious
30/8/16
Have you thought about the small claims court route?
If you go to money claim online; you can file the claim through that.
I'm assuming you have personal info such as address etc.

The only address I have is off this site and tHe only phone number isn't working now

trb1971

3/6/15
Is this guy still ripping people off ?

msb2110 if the police, trading standards etc aren't doing anything about this. (I mean lets be honest this guy is leaving a trail of bread crumbs behind him so large, a blind duck could find him.) Then get in touch with the makers of Rip off Britain watchdog TV programmes, I'm sure they'll name and shame him on TV, then everyone will know who he is.

Jack.tr

Known Member
23/8/14
So what happened to [MENTION=53529]DVNE[/MENTION]'s situation? I have read the whole thread and it seems more than a year has passed since.

I sure hope this scammer has refunded OP.

DVNE

7/11/12
No refund. Nothing happened. He appears to be continuing with his scamming ways

davidmac

Renowned Member
28/6/14
No refund. Nothing happened. Hevappears to be continuing with his scamming ways

That's really annoying! All this talk about anonymous and the repo crew getting involved but nothing happening to him, allowing him to carry on scamming people!

Jack.tr

Known Member
23/8/14
No refund. Nothing happened. He appears to be continuing with his scamming ways

That is really unlucky man. After all the talk I would've expected something to be done already.

I still hope it will get resolved one day.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Hi guys

I'm not a person to post on sites like these but I wish to share my story

I met this guy through a selling site,
seemed genuine. I even offered to help him with his sales via Instagram.

Recently we we were in contact about a possible trade . Basically 2 of my watches for a Tudor Blackbay with ID card and warrenty

we completed the deal.

I never take the backs off my watches as I'm not so confident in this procedure

the story continues,
so after a few weeks I was offered a trade on the watch. As I had no doubts in the watch at this point I was comfortable to trade the watch on. I accepted a deal with another watch enthusiast.

Last week i recieved an angry email from the guy I dealt with saying he had serviced the watch and the watch was a cheap Japanese fake. Immediately I spoke to the guy and said I will resolve with my seller Mr Andy Ahad. I sent him a text which was delivered and read.

Of course, no answer from him. Then blocked on what's app and iMessage

I also look like an idiot for taking a fake with a guy for his watches

I'm lost as to what I can do now

Oh my I am so sorry to hear about your situation.
I have been following this thread for a while now and what a bloody immoral and shameless c*nt he is.
It really makes my blood boil, knowing how far this fraudster has become, and how he has reciprocated your kindness by scamming you.
But kudos to @AnonSix for unveiling the identity of this scammer so that others could be weary of this fraudster.

Msb2110

Horology Curious
30/8/16
So I found my Hamilton being sold on a selling site by a username Tanny K for 395

i made contact and the person replied. The item was based in Pudsey West Yorks
smells fishy to me
wouldn't give any details where they got it
another username for Mr Ahad?

Msb2110

Horology Curious
30/8/16
Schpock
hes deleted now

but both Andrew O and Tanny D have the same address
Claimed he didn't know Andy then said watch is sold then deleted item

Peckover Drive, Pudsey LS28 is the address showing up

cru99mpet

Horology Curious
5/3/16
Jeez, Just bought a vintage oris manual wind and a breitling sosf from an Andrew Oakley in Leeds. Worried now!!!

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Jeez, Just bought a vintage oris manual wind and a breitling sosf from an Andrew Oakley in Leeds. Worried now!!!

how was it?
necro thread bump but i would like to know - this guy's repetitive scamming with no remorse or regards of his identity being revealed is making my blood boil