• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Waiting for shipping. Help.

transactionsrestatement

Horology Curious
26/3/21
Hello all,

I ordered a 114060 with Lucy about a month ago.
To give you a brief timeline, on April 12, she gave my package to her post man. I received a tracking number from her the day after. Nothing was viewable until April 19.
When I go on USPS website, it is showing the following since April 19 and no update.

Tracking History:

April 19, 2021, 2:49 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
AVENEL, NJ 07001
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 2:49 pm on April 19, 2021 in AVENEL, NJ 07001. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I'm wondering if this item is even in the US yet or still in China. There is no way for me to tell. Would anyone chime in on how these tracking history can be interpreted?
It seems like it's not in the USPS system yet and that they're only awaiting for the item. Does this indicate that it successfully go through the customs yet? I wish there is a way to at least check if it's still in China somehow.
Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your anticipated support!!

Last edited:

transactionsrestatement

Horology Curious
26/3/21
Thank you, that website also shows the same information.

In transit --> 2021-04-19 14:49
AVENEL, NJ 07001, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item -> A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 2:49 pm on April 19, 2021 in AVENEL, NJ 07001. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I guess it's still in China. Didn't realize it would take that long to ship it to US, so I guess I'd have to patiently wait. Hopefully everything goes smoothly at the customs too. Do you know if the status will change once it gets to US customs?

Thanks a lot.

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
I recently ordered a watch from Lucy (which I got without a problem) and at least for European buyers that is normal. It happens because of the triangle shipping TDs use to avoid customs. Basically, your watch is being shipped some other way (a false bottom briefcase, a marked bag in a crate of Vietnamese coffee, some guy's rectum, I don't know...), during which time it is untrackable. Once it has safely passed customs, it will be assigned that tracking number and handed over to USPS. That way, there is nothing to link the watch to the buyer (you) in case it is detected, protecting you from any legal issues.

So don't worry and just wait a bit more. In a few days it should pop up in the system and you can follow it like a domestic shipment.