• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Noticed that the insert numerals were looking a little darker and feared the dreaded fading, but a gentle scrub with a toothbrush and some warm water has them shining like disco balls again. The insert coating really does look great and shiny, and seems quite resilient. The damn indents are dirt traps though...

Reactions: Tete

dragon07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/20
I am stuck between the two versions for VSF. I will buy LV VS3135. Secondly, I could not decide whether I should buy LN VS3135 or 126XXX new version VS3235. Can VSF make a better update for the new version in the future?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Mind sharing a photo if you could? I’m intrigued to see as I think mine is more on the blue side

I will try to take pics tomorrow after charging in the sun. I feel like it looks more blue in pics vs real life. But I will try to capture it as realistic as possible

Reactions: LebronXiJames

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20

Rehaut does look a bit improved on mine as well. Thanks Andrew for the quick shipment

Wow that does look good.
I tried to buy an LN a few weeks ago and had to swap it for an LV because the rehaut was one of the really misaligned ones.

Do you mind posting a picture more straight on? I’d love to see a better view of your rehaut.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I compared VSF with genuine lume in my thread, it’s identical.
I doubt VSF has changed it for a couple of dials. Fact is that it does not look the same on the screen as it does IRL, it looks green IRL but appears blue on a screen (or is that the other way round?), either way, it’s identical to the genuine 116610.

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I compared VSF with genuine lume in my thread, it’s identical.
I doubt VSF has changed it for a couple of dials. Fact is that it does not look the same on the screen as it does IRL, it looks green IRL but appears blue on a screen (or is that the other way round?), either way, it’s identical to the genuine 116610.

I agree - it looks the same.

Lume shots are pretty close to pointless, relying too much on exposure for brightness and too much on software for green/blue bias.

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18

Here’s mine in very low light. Definitely greenish-blue with more blue than green.

yh that is blue his only looks more blue due to his lighting and other factors if he took a picture like yours his would look same

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Wow that does look good.
I tried to buy an LN a few weeks ago and had to swap it for an LV because the rehaut was one of the really misaligned ones.

Do you mind posting a picture more straight on? I’d love to see a better view of your rehaut.

Yeah of course! I am using an iPhone and not the best lighting conditions but I tried my best to get this. Let me know if you want to see other angles

Reactions: Tete and Pizzo

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
Yeah of course!

Thanks!
Yeah that is much improved from the VSF I originally RL, and changed for the VSF LV.
It’s actually identical to my LV, assuming they use the same case for both now.
Was thinking the same with my LV, the rehaut would align absolutely perfect if it’s possible to rotate the dial ever so slightly clockwise. Sadly, I have no clue how to do this. If I ever need any servicing or decide to mod it I’ll have a watchmaker try it out.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
LebronXiJames

Here is the lume shot as promised.

I color adjusted it a little to depict what it looks like in person. My uncorrected picture looked too blue.

Corrected:

Before correction:

So I would say it is more blue than green as well. But greener than what most uncorrected pictures would suggest.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
LebronXiJames

Here is the lume shot as promised.

I color adjusted it a little to depict what it looks like in person. My uncorrected picture looked too blue.

Corrected:
Before correction:

So I would say it is more blue than green as well. But greener than what most uncorrected pictures would suggest.

Thanks! Really appreciate it, I was just curious to see the color. But realize the lighting conditions and exposure play a big role here.

Reactions: sukwonee