• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Ps I will buy a vsf sub to go with my other 2 vsf watches. But then I'm not a newbie fanboy.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

​​​​​​Hope that now you done with your nonsense and you go away from this thread and enjoy your 20 watches. Let people learn and share about their watches in peace. Bye.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I am not a fanatic, I am knowledgeable of what I speak and write. Now go away. Goodbye friend
You're putting posts up on a forum. The sole purpose of which is to discuss. If you just want to preach to the converted you should start a fan club or private message your mates that agree with you already. Otherwise what's the point of all this?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I'm not sure whether or not VSF will fade but it seems like ZZF at the very least fades a lot faster. I was going to get a ZZF to compare but I think I'll put that on hold for now. The crystal clarity is better on VSF along with gen-like crown guards. ZZF diminishing bezel brightness so quickly is also a mark against it. I'm going VSF for now.

Considering you also saying a couple of dollars and the new LN has a sort of fixed rehaut and better dw than the first batch, I think is the best option atm. I will be reporting the next couple of weeks if sometimes comes up with insert.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
​​​​​​Hope that now you done with your nonsense and you go away from this thread and enjoy your 20 watches. Let people learn and share about their watches in peace. Bye.
You learn nothing by listening to the same view point over and over. That's just a mutual admiration society.

Reactions: JDM180

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
How's a metal supposed to "fade"? There's either a layer of Platinum or it's gone. I've seen 5 year old gen bezels that shine like day one after an ultrasonic cleaning. No magic involved.
Let me put it a different way they will look less shiny over time ie get duller, whatever the process.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Let me put it a different way they will look less shiny over time ie get duller, whatever the process.

Surely that’s just due to build up of oils, dust, dirt and stuff that makes It appear dull over time. Can’t imagine it’s actual fading of metals?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Williams_27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/20
Just received my VSF today, still waiting for my ZZF Hulk. This is my first rep and I’m blown away, I own a couple of Tudors and Omega gens and didn’t expect the quality of a rep to match. But I really am impressed, would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of buying one!

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
75aa2ece7bab711741f1c2193502b265.jpg

Reactions: Tete

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
How recent did you buy that ? was hoping R spacing was better than that , though the rest of the watch looks great

My watch is from the first batch, got it the first week of October. The newer batches have updated rehaut although sometimes the spacing problem you find it somewhere else in the dial. Only vsf with fully fixed rehaut is the smurf (new serial #) I don't really care much about the rehaut and I love the case and feeling overall of the watch so went Gen with hands, dw and crystal. This is one is a keeper for sure.

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Newest batch isnt fixxed they are bassicly 2 cases around, the one with the R problem and the one with the R problem fixxed but other spacing issues. Saw QC yesterday on reptime with the R problem again and that was the newest batch. So they just mixing up the cases.

I think they have 2 case suppliers, one with R fixxed and spacing issues and one with R not fixxed and also spacing issues. Its very strange.

Last edited: