• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

SKnight

8/7/19
The blue looks amazing, and now with andyr comparison to his gen I tip my proverbial hat of to VSF, however my heart is set on the rhodium!

Anyone received ordered/ received the grey/ rhodium dial post the new years??

Reactions: phdsjain

126610ln

Known Member
Certified
14/3/21
EU
I'd also say so from the bezel and cyclops.

I can't spot any difference in the bezel or cyclops. The only thing that makes me think 16 is gen is the width of the light reflection in the sunburst pattern in the last pic. I wouldn't put my house on it though!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I can't spot any difference in the bezel or cyclops. The only thing that makes me think 16 is gen is the width of the light reflection in the sunburst pattern in the last pic. I wouldn't put my house on it though!

I mean those are total potato cam pictures, but the right bezel looks darker and doesn't get as "white" as the left one in the midtones. Cyclops also doesn't look as sharp on a gen crystal due to the glue bevel surrounding the edges. On a sharp picture you could see that immediately, here it's at least 50% guesswork.

Last edited:

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Just got a new VSF with the correct 25 dial and here its next to my gen. Which is which?
Zwf4qX.jpg

ZwfMXi.jpg

Zwfsbb.jpg

Imho, gen on the left (17), rep on the right (16)
Dial seems a little bit darker under direct light.
Anyway, VSf made a great rep.

Last edited:

justbrowsinn

Horology Curious
6/3/21
https://imgur.com/a/2U82IuF
Could anyone give me few thoughts here? Rep from VSF obviously, 41mm, VS3235. Doesn't matter how much I look on rep/gen, I see nothing, I think I'm fucked in the head. I'm looking for QC, I'll be forever thankful if anyone could help. It's my first order ever!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
https://imgur.com/a/2U82IuF
Could anyone give me few thoughts here? Rep from VSF obviously, 41mm, VS3235. Doesn't matter how much I look on rep/gen, I see nothing, I think I'm fucked in the head. I'm looking for QC, I'll be forever thankful if anyone could help. It's my first order ever!

You may want to read the rules about posting QC pics first, and then remove your link. This is not allowed on this forum
if you don't see any issue then just accept the watch, that's what QC are for, not to be shared with everyone

Last edited:

justbrowsinn

Horology Curious
6/3/21
You may want to read the rules about posting QC pics first, and then remove your link. This is not allowed on this forum

Sorry, I'm still learning and amount of information everywhere is overwhelming. Did study about 30-35 last sites of this thread and saw some QC posted. My bad.
I'll find the right section!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Sorry, I'm still learning and amount of information everywhere is overwhelming. Did study about 30-35 last sites of this thread and saw some QC posted. My bad.
I'll find the right section!

There's no right section, asking people to QC your watch is just something that is not allowed here.

Take the time to read the rules in the newbie section and FAQ, so you'll understand what can or can't be done with regards to QC
Good luck, and as I said, if you have scrutinized your QC and don't find anything wrong, misaligned, broken or stained, then just accept it, don't worry too much.

Reactions: justbrowsinn

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Do these numbers look OK or would you RL?

Everything else is spot on with this watch.

They seem to be measuring at the wrong lift angle, which might explain why the amplitude looks low. I would GL, beat error is of course fantastic and you can very easily regulate that down to running bang on

Reactions: 126610ln

126610ln

Known Member
Certified
14/3/21
EU
They seem to be measuring at the wrong lift angle, which might explain why the amplitude looks low. I would GL, beat error is of course fantastic and you can very easily regulate that down to running bang on

Thanks so much. I've GL'd now.

What is the correct lift angle? 52?

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Just got a new VSF with the correct 25 dial and here its next to my gen. Which is which?

17 - gen, 16 - rep. Photos aren’t the clearest and don’t show the difference in dial gradient that wellbut the Datejust font in the second to last pic gave it away for me.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
17 - gen, 16 - rep. Photos aren’t the clearest and don’t show the difference in dial gradient that wellbut the Datejust font in the second to last pic gave it away for me.

The right dial is so out of focus on all pictures that I can't really tell a difference for sure. The VSF print is not too far way from gen, see comparison below.

ZwbCyJ.jpg

Last edited:

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13

IMO gen is on left. Dial print looks much sharper. Mind giving us a few more photos? Maybe a side shot? What are your thoughts? Is the rep bezel the same? The one on the right looks like maybe it’s a little flatter? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Just got a new VSF with the correct 25 dial and here its next to my gen. Which is which?[/url]

Firstly. Thanks for the comparison pics. Things like this really adds value to this thread.

I think the pics are very good actually. They show what a normal human would observ when viewing another mans watch, unlike macro shots that f×cks up every rep in one way or another.

What do you personally think. Are they as hard to separate in real life as in the pics, especially when it comes to dial, sunburst and fluted bezel?

Do you think any other changes than the "25" has been made on the dial since prior CNY?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
IMO gen is on left. Dial print looks much sharper. Mind giving us a few more photos? Maybe a side shot? What are your thoughts? Is the rep bezel the same? The one on the right looks like maybe it’s a little flatter? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll take some more shots tomorrow and a side shot to show the bezel.