• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Submariner Bezel install issues 126610LN & 124060

Thomas_M

Rolexoholic
Patron
Certified
8/4/22
EU
Hello All!

I desperately need some help with my VSF Submariners.
Please don't judge me - I already regret takign the bezels off very much...

They are 126610LN and 124060, I got them both from the private stock of my local TD.
The Date was the first one, I've been enjoying it so much. The No-Date I got a few days ago since it's been always my grail watch.

Both are truly perfect made watches, but they had a little bit of the bezel play, so I decided to take the bezels off to fix and align it.

Now I am in the situation that I cannot put the bezels back on the case on any of them...
I see the issue with the stock VSF bezel gasket (aka hytrel ring) that seems to be 'one time use'...
This VSF stock gasket doesn't allow the bezel to pop on the case in it's place.

I've been always considering myself as experienced in terms of the watch knowledge so I thought it's gonna be an easy task. Well... Surprise.
Of course I have all of the springs and balls placed in the case as well as bezel gaskets in their correct positions placed on the inner ring of the bezel.

The issue is none of the bezels snaps back on the case and it seems like it's because of the bezel gasket. I've literaly spent hours trying to carefully and gently put them back with no luck.

Now I'm so frustrated cause I cannot use any of the watches and No-Date has literally zero wrist time...

I've also tried the fishing line (gasket) workaround, with no luck.
So I decided to get some help from you guys cause I'm hopeless at the moment and so frustrated that I'm thinking of letting the watches go to someone who can fix them.

Should I go ahead and order a 116610 set of hytrel rings from ebay and try to fit them into my 12xxxx bezels?

Any help is greately appreciated!
Thank you.
- Cheers

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Agree with oascom above. Better give them to someone capable of handling them with the correct tools. Once they're ready you'll enjoy them for sure

If you don't mind me asking, where exactly did you get the vsf 124060? Because AFAIK vs hasn't released a 12xx no date. Maybe it's CF?

Thomas_M

Rolexoholic
Patron
Certified
8/4/22
EU
Thank you Gents for your inputs.
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone in my area who could help with that (would agree to deal with a rep).
It looks like I may also need at least one bezel gasket cause the current one seems to be a little bit deformed.

I got the 124060 from my local TD in central Europe. He was able to purchase some of the VSF stock before they shut down.
This is VSF for sure, no doubt. Came exactly the same as my 126610LN with all of the tags, warranty card and acrylic shipping box.
I see no difference between them two so I am quite sure it's the VSF piece.

Thanks!

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
VSF didn’t make a 124060. It’s likely a JVS.

Regardless, you need new hytrel rings & it’s best to ship the watches out.

Plenty of experienced watchsmith/modders on this forum.

1Backsore!

Horology Curious
11/11/23
I am having the same issue with my 124060 and the bezel gasket - I do not believe the 116610 gaskets that I am using are the correct ones- having a rather difficult time finding the 124060 gasket, anyone have any idea where to locate some? Thanks

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
I used a 126610 bezel gasket/hytrel from AliExpress and they work like a charm. To me, even better than the original VSF Gasket.

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
OP did you have an Idea how you would wanted to fix it when thinking about pulling apart? Anyway, I am not here to judge.

Basicly, the bezel gasket (hytrel ring) is the part that holds the bezel.

Either use fishline (search this forum for details about which strength/thickness) or buy a aliexpress one

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I heard .6mm fishing line works. I just got mine back from the watchsmith after trying to get my Starbucks back together. I went through the wait of aliexpress for the ring, and lost a spring and bearing. Then waited on them. Ruined another ring before realizing that I’m not a watchsmith.
I recommend you stop while you’re ahead, pack everything up, order yourself a deep crystal, and send it to someone for installation. The time and money you’ll save on buying little pieces from aliexpress will offset the cost and you’ll end up with a better watch at the end. There’s nothing wrong with the fishing line approach. If you choose that route, Here’s to you 🎼Mr fishing line watch repairman🍻