• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New Release of 114060 No Date Submariner!

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Whats up with the 5 on the bezel insert
Just dirt, that's common. The SEL could be better on those pics but on the wrist I think it should be just fine.

Great watch, can't wait for my QCs.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

mrsub

10/1/17
Do a side by side comparison for us first :p:rolleyes:

Will do :) I had a VSF Submariner Date and that felt really close to my gen. A few things that I noticed:

1. Clasp has very chard edges, especially on the safety flippy thing
2. the spring in the clasp is too stiff. My gen makes a much softer click
3. bezel clicks sound "hollow". It's hard to describe but the gen has more resistance yet it's easier to turn the bezel.
4. gen case looks much sharper

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
How do the bracelets on the VSF compare the ARF ones? Do I remember correctly that I read somewhere they are sourced from the same factory?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
How do the bracelets on the VSF compare the ARF ones? Do I remember correctly that I read somewhere they are sourced from the same factory?

Clean use ARF bracelets, not VSF. Or at least they say the bracelet comes from the same vendor.

To me, it's just plain weird that you would advertise that half your watch was made by someone else - especially ARF, but whatever

A few years ago ARF bracelets were sublime, however, the quality now is nothing like it used to be.

Last edited:

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Clean use ARF bracelets, not VSF. Or at least they say the bracelet comes from the same vendor.

To me, it's just plain weird that you would advertise that half your watch was made by someone else - especially ARF, but whatever

A few years ago ARF bracelets were sublime, however, the quality now is nothing like it used to be.

Cheers mate.

Need to get my finger out now and get one of these non-dates ordered up. Look excellent.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Cheers mate.

Need to get my finger out now and get one of these non-dates ordered up. Look excellent.

Yes, it does look excellent. I actually prefer this in no-date form over the newer 124060.
While the slimmer lugs make for a more balanced watch, they also make it a lot more boring - there's just so little you can actually say about it...

Reactions: HomeRye

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Yes, it does look excellent. I actually prefer this in no-date form over the newer 124060.
While the slimmer lugs make for a more balanced watch, they also make it a lot more boring - there's just so little you can actually say about it...

When it comes to thinner lugs, the undisputed king for me is still the 'Five Digit'.

Reactions: tom86

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland

It's weird how tastes change. When I entered this wonderful rep world last year, I was dead set on a 116610, got a Noob V6, didn't like the maxi case and then turned my eyes onto the 5-digits subs. Got a kermit rep plus a 16710 - but neither really clicked with me either. Then before Xmas bought, via M2M next door, a BK 116610 sub, with the gen swiss ETA inside, which I really love wearing. So likewise, I think I prefer the old 6-digit shape more than the new releases and now I'm the wrong side of 50, my eyesight struggles with a date window without reading glasses on!

Reactions: klockjohan

zooha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/20
Netherlands
Amazing that they finally released the VSF version of the no date. I am also in the market for a new discount diver and am hessitant between the CLEAN factory no date, and this new released VSF. Curious how they are going to compete with eachother!

I also read some posts on RWG where people waterproof their subs (grease all the rings). Curious if that will work on this watch, so you can swim with it.

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
I also like the slim lugs of the 41mm, however the bracelet and clasp size annoy me.
Obviously just one lowly person’s opinion, but I could feel the small size difference, especially being a desk warrior.

Reactions: HomeRye

imaballa

8/9/20
Is it me or does this 114060 VSF have too much of a gap between bezel and rehaut? Busy with my qc atm…
3e10e4d27bf188a5fe0e4bc05b56d243.jpg

39f0fab395663dd65694e205e70cd3d3.jpg

5d5975b836a3b6cabe82794eab552a6c.jpg

Blackburn92

25/7/15
Looking forward to getting one of these! The no date looks so much cleaner in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
I'll be honest, I admit that I was looking forward to VSF's release of its 'no date', but I don't know why, but without the date display and cyclopean lens it seems a bit boring, but a lot 'cleaner'.

zooha

28/12/20
Netherlands
I'll be honest, I admit that I was looking forward to VSF's release of its 'no date', but I don't know why, but without the date display and cyclopean lens it seems a bit boring, but a lot 'cleaner'.

I agree, it looks a lot more simetric also

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Ok we've had a few QCs for reference already but here is mine from Trusty as an extra example of what one can get today with this new VSF.
And what I see here is a GREAT watch. No weird polished links bracelet, all is clear and aligned, it's approved. Hell I can't wait to get this beauty.