• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New Release DateJust 36mm 126234

dk2852

2/2/22
Can't wait to pick one up. Will there be other dials and a smooth bezel option?

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
They're using DJ41 indexes on the 36 dial. Hopefully they'll correct the bug soon.

Also the date magnification is too much on this specimen.

Well spotted. It’ll be interesting to hear what you guys have to say about the watch once deliveries start.

I’m very happy with my GMF DJ36 but I’d def consider having both as I’ve been waiting for a more ‘high end’ 36!

Reactions: AG91

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I was so much waiting for this! And not just for the ladies, a good 36mm has a certain under the radar elegance that I dig. Well, I don't have big wrists, to be fair.
Looking forward to the first issues and how fast corrections will be made to this V1.
So for now we have wrong indices and soft lug edges.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I was so much waiting for this!
I feel I need to clarify something. In another thread I said I didn't expect Vsf to issue a 36mm anytime soon, now "I was so much waiting for this". The latter was rather my hope. I have been researching/monitoring the dj 36mm market for some time, and it seemed to me that higher end factories just didn't deem it worthwhile to do one, since the market for bigger watches is bigger. Available models were few and with little info or improvements. Seemed a stagnant market.
In hindsight, looking at how the DJ41 market is highly fought for between Vsf and clean it does make a lot of sense for Vsf trying to grab the 36mm piece of the cake. Not much in terms of competition, a lot in terms of reputation to make use of, and a general tendency of the overall market returning to smaller sizes.
Bottom line, I'm glad of having proven wrong with my assumption and look forward to the evolution of this model.

aberrantascensio

Horology Curious
18/3/22
They're using DJ41 indexes on the 36 dial. Hopefully they'll correct the bug soon.

Also the date magnification is too much on this specimen.

The lugs seem to be right this time compared to the ones they made for the DJ41 where CF makes them better

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
I feel I need to clarify something. In another thread I said I didn't expect Vsf to issue a 36mm anytime soon, now "I was so much waiting for this". The latter was rather my hope. I have been researching/monitoring the dj 36mm market for some time, and it seemed to me that higher end factories just didn't deem it worthwhile to do one, since the market for bigger watches is bigger. Available models were few and with little info or improvements. Seemed a stagnant market.
In hindsight, looking at how the DJ41 market is highly fought for between Vsf and clean it does make a lot of sense for Vsf trying to grab the 36mm piece of the cake. Not much in terms of competition, a lot in terms of reputation to make use of, and a general tendency of the overall market returning to smaller sizes.
Bottom line, I'm glad of having proven wrong with my assumption and look forward to the evolution of this model.
I believe you’re correct, sounds like there‘s ground to be won here. It’ll be interesting to see how much time it takes to reach the same quality of other VSF watches. The reputation risk of not doing so in due time could be hard.

Now it ‘shouldn’t’ be that much of a problem to transfer the know-how from the almost perfect 41 to the 36. But then again, what do we (or I) really know about watch manufacturing? 😅

Does anyone have any insights as to when orders for the 36 will be accepted?

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
The lugs seem to be right this time compared to the ones they made for the DJ41 where CF makes them better
I tend to agree with @Join3d here, the lugs appear much sharper on the gen compared to this V1.

Reactions: Join3d

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
I would agree as well, I had the gen 126234 with the exact same configuration as a daily for a year. The lugs of this V1 are actually way off. You can clearly see that from the photo comparison above.

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
With the comparison above I confirm my thoughts about lugs: completely off. It’s not just about the sharpness, on gen lugs are more rich in a frontal view and you can’t see their side part.