• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
tbh it was the first thing I noticed. But then this version (with correct strap) is what I’m currently looking to buy next

Excuse sounds like a bit of a cop out if you ask me and I would’ve expected your TD to notice this and to have bought it to your attention. Still... wise words on the QC’s - I always have to curb my enthusiasm/excitement when looking to approve a watch.

For sure, I know I should have noticed it in the QC, but since I was ordering with bracelet and rubber, the bracelet was on the watch in QC so it wasn't as obvious to me in the pic by itself. I did also rush through my QC to make sure they shipped in time for me to receive before my trip. Wanted to take new watches with me!

PT is more than fair to offer to exchange if I ship back, but again I don't think that's worth either of our time and I would prefer to just buy the orange one depending on what price he gives me. Might change my mind if it's stupid expensive.

My issue is with him telling me that the factory ships random colors with the watches. That makes no sense to me. We trust these TD and moreso the factories to make these as close to Gen as possible, which is why we buy what we buy from them.

If it is the case that they always send random over to PT, and it's our job to catch that, then I wanted more to be aware of the new thing to watch out for.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I kinda like the white stitch better to be honest. Will definitely be easier to match with more outfits than the orange!

Reactions: -Archer- and csthe

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
I kinda like the white stitch better to be honest. Will definitely be easier to match with more outfits than the orange!

I like it all of the sudden as well.

Angus said $78+ ship for the correct one.

So I'll stick with Gray stitching unless someone with orange wants to swap, or someone who wants whiteface w/ bracelet will order both for the paltry +$20 and I'll buy it off you for $30 + ship CONUS.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Finally pulling the trigger on a white dial version of this after eyeing it for months. How is everyone's rubber strap holding up? (besides the guy who's omega logo fell off)

Averse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/18
Finally pulling the trigger on a white dial version of this after eyeing it for months. How is everyone's rubber strap holding up? (besides the guy who's omega logo fell off)

Solid choice, still madly in love with mine. My rubber strap has no signs of wear as of yet but I am also rotating it with the bracelet.

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX

Just had my omega logo fall off as well. Guess I will be buying correct orange stitching after all.

Reactions: k4jun

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16

I spotted it in the AD the other day. It´s scary close to the gen. Only difference I could see was in the pattern of the "braided" rubber band. In the gen the design seems a bit deeper than in the rep. But you just could see it if they are next to each other, I guess.

Reactions: vcappp

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Just had my omega logo fall off as well. Guess I will be buying correct orange stitching after all.

Might be a good idea to super glue these logos in place as soon as we get them out of the box. Did you contact your TD?

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
Might be a good idea to super glue these logos in place as soon as we get them out of the box. Did you contact your TD?

Not yet, literally just happened.

I don't expect them to be very helpful on it, unless lots of us start having the problem and they admit it's an issue. Obviously it bumped on something, so I feel like it was most likely my fault. Sure if it was built better it wouldn't have happened so easy, but this to me is akin to scratch.

But I'll let them know in the meantime.

flax

30/7/07
Mine logo from AT deployant clasp fell down too. Anyone have tip for some good glue for metal?
Maybe I will try JB-Weld: https://www.ebay.com/itm/JB-Weld-Kw...h=item3b17372b3e:g:S3UAAOSwckVcG6WU:rk:1:pf:0

6e93654aec4ab1568f20eae8bf54b083.jpg

Last edited:

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
Mine logo from AT deployant clasp fell down too. Anyone have tip for some good glue for metal?
Maybe I will try JB-Weld: https://www.ebay.com/itm/JB-Weld-Kw...h=item3b17372b3e:g:S3UAAOSwckVcG6WU:rk:1:pf:0

6e93654aec4ab1568f20eae8bf54b083.jpg

Whatever the factory used sure as hell wasn't any good. I don't even see residue on yours.

At least yours just fell off and didn't get bent like mine did. Still no idea how it happened, I don't recall it catching on something. I'll try to see if I can bend it back anywhere near good looking and find a way to tack it on.

So does that make 3 of us just on RWI in this thread with the issue? While telling our TD is a good idea, if we are all telling different TD it may not be as big of a message back to VSF.

Maybe we should see if kobe24 can let VSF know about the issue. Not sure if they make their own straps or it it would just move up the chain.

flax

30/7/07
Whatever the factory used sure as hell wasn't any good. I don't even see residue on yours.

At least yours just fell off and didn't get bent like mine did. Still no idea how it happened, I don't recall it catching on something. I'll try to see if I can bend it back anywhere near good looking and find a way to tack it on.

So does that make 3 of us just on RWI in this thread with the issue? While telling our TD is a good idea, if we are all telling different TD it may not be as big of a message back to VSF.

Maybe we should see if kobe24 can let VSF know about the issue. Not sure if they make their own straps or it it would just move up the chain.

Yes, you are right. I found some two little drops of glue residue under each feet of Omega logo, nothing more. I don't bend my strap certainly. One day I saw that logo is crooked and when I touch it, it starts moving so I rather removed it and I will glue it as soon as possible.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I bought the rubber strap with white thread. Haven't used it yet as I find the metal spring at the clasp is poorly done. Not sure why they have to split the clasp right down the middle all the way. Plus the metal is very thin. Not sure if the gen clasp is like that but when you lock the clasp it doesn't feel solid. Plus that logo falling off is a big bummer.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Got my QC pics today, didnt realize it was thicker than the gen. From what I've read the gen is just a hair over 13mm. TD's are advertising 13mm, is this one a dud or they all that size?

73RtZ.jpg

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Got my QC pics today, didnt realize it was thicker than the gen. From what I've read the gen is just a hair over 13mm. TD's are advertising 13mm, is this one a dud or they all that size?

73RtZ.jpg
Mine is 13.5mm

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Mine is 13.5mm

That is more what I would expect. I will email the TD back and ask for another. Besides the thickness it has other issues as well so I was going to reject it anyway but thanks for confirmation.