• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 2018 Seamaster 300M Blue

rek001

16/3/06
Watchfinder Tim sourced a gray dial for me, whether TD said it's out of stock. I can highly recommend Tim.

Sent it yesterday, I'm really looking forward to getting it, haven't bought a rep in a long time.

Also looking forward to acquiring the rubber strap for it.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
My new black dial arrived. I changed my order from Blue to Black. I will try again after CNY for a Blue dial and a rubber strap for both Grey and Black dials.
tb6pF.md.jpg

tbVw0.md.jpg

tzAr6.md.jpg

tz47G.md.jpg

Last edited:

Averse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/18
@tkingjr Amazing looking! Congrats! Any first impressions regarding the new bracelet? :)

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I've visited the Omega AD to see the difference between the old and the new bracelet and I managed to take a photo:
IMG-20190130-115948.jpg

There's not much difference in the photo, but it's pretty obvious in the metal. Plus the new bracelet has a diver's extension similar to Rolex Glidelock.

I love the new model, especially the black one. The blue is not my taste at all and the grey one looks cartoonish.

The bezel is completely smooth, you can't feel the numbers with your fingers. Is that also the case with the rep or are the numbers etched?

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

DonPatrizio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/11/17
I want to like this new model but it's just too glossy and flashy for me. Omega's should be understated, not over-the-top like the new Divers.

mclane

31/10/18
t2eAo.jpg

t2GvK.jpg

t2oqe.jpg

I've received this one today :) (ordered at intime). I'm really impressed of the build quality. Seems to be the newest version with black balance wheel. Also the bracelet seems to have got an update, even if it is not 100% the look of the genuine. The dial is just stunning. There is no misalignment, details are great. The bezel is slightly edged in the engravings - but i just can feel it with my nails.

Only two points:
- The Bezel has got a small play. Maybe 0,25mm and it feels a liitle bit cheep (maybe like my seiko skx). My Tudor BB rep is better.
- The Crown is tricky. Every time after i changed the date and want to screw it in afterwards, i change the date! Need some more practice with that...

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Interesting.. My Seiko SKX007 bezel action feels amazing, better than any of my reps and most gens. A hit or miss with those I guess ;)
Thanks for your impressions, can't hardly wait for the CNY to end :)

Reactions: timmywatch

mclane

31/10/18
You're right Therion - i've tried the seiko and it feels better.
I mistook that for my Longines Hydroconquest. It feels just as hollow (though it's genuine). The tudor rep feels like a bmw door closed compared to an old honda door - no discrimination ;-)
Nevertheless - the omega rep is a pretty impressive rep. Can't take my eyes of the dial.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
This is quite intetesting as the bezel on my grey dial is tight with no back play, it will probably vary from batch to batch

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
mclane I know exactly what you mean, the BMW - Honda analogy is on point :)
Sadly it's a hit or miss with reps and I can't even imagine how bad is the bezel action, because it mostly sucks on Tudor reps. Unless you got one of the good ones. Oh well..

I'm torn between this and the new MKS old style Seamaster. Has anyone handled both? Are MKS reps very inferior to VSF ones? I had the VSF CrPO and I have the GMT and they felt/feel very very gen like, especially the GMT.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
mclane I know exactly what you mean, the BMW - Honda analogy is on point :)
Sadly it's a hit or miss with reps and I can't even imagine how bad is the bezel action, because it mostly sucks on Tudor reps. Unless you got one of the good ones. Oh well..

I'm torn between this and the new MKS old style Seamaster. Has anyone handled both? Are MKS reps very inferior to VSF ones? I had the VSF CrPO and I have the GMT and they felt/feel very very gen like, especially the GMT.

I'm also a sucker for the SMP old style, have been looking at the V4 from MKS and the bezel seems way better than the previous versions. Other aspects may be different too, but it is too hard to tell on pics. I also see that the red color from the Seamaster logo and the seconds hand look better than before. Waiting for someone to post pics.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
@tkingjr Amazing looking! Congrats! Any first impressions regarding the new bracelet? :)

Both my Grey and Black watches have the old bracelet with the narrow middle link. I will order the new bracelets as soon as they are available. The quality is very good and has the push lock adjustment. As soon as the watch arrived the bracelet was ultrasonically cleaned and spent the next day in baby oil.

Reactions: Averse

frediiii

3/7/15
Only two points:
- The Bezel has got a small play. Maybe 0,25mm and it feels a liitle bit cheep (maybe like my seiko skx). My Tudor BB rep is better.
- The Crown is tricky. Every time after i changed the date and want to screw it in afterwards, i change the date! Need some more practice with that...

I disassembled the bezel assembly today as the incert was off center. i added a bit of silicone grease on the spring latches and it feels way better now. if you have play in the bezel you can check the retainer wire and reshape if needed.

as for the movement: get ready to replace or service it soon. mine didn't survive shipping even :)
116a1f9857ed5f616dc1f752be0a9dd5.jpg
14adfbd23b2008f47abde30aee2458dd.jpg

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk