• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I think the problem is that the Gen which they copied had service hands which are bigger than the normal ones.

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
6c0d4b291526bf009cc6bf5f379bd270.jpg

Do you think the cyclop is weird ? Not aligned ? Not glued straight ?

cmf959

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/19
Ok my two VSF Hulk’s just came in. First thing I checked was how it generally felt handling it in my hands (the 904 steel is very noticeable) and the second thing was the rehaut engraving. One watch the engravings were pretty off (despite what QC showed), this one attached below is spectacular. Depending on the photo angle the minute markers can look off center from the rehaut letters but rest assured they line up really well.

Overall a pretty convincing watch. Crystal and date still not up to par next to my gens (I’ve got my 116618 and 16710 as reference) but for $500 this is a cracking watch and knocks the old Noobs and TC DWO out of the park. Most obvious flaw in my eyes is that fat Mercedes hour hand.

For the guys who have never held the gen or have had little exposure to one this will feel like the real deal. If you know your Rolex’s you’ll definitely notice somethings not quite right when your wearing it, but seeing it in passing you wouldn’t know better.

My 2 cents, nonetheless very happy with what I got for the price.

Note: Photo angles may create illusion that minute markers aren’t lining up with rehaut engravings but rest assured they line up very well.

Not sure I could see anything other than the 116618 in those pics, what a stunning watch.

Reactions: Om3ga_guy

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Actually on that note here’s my 16710, it came from the factory with the larger hour hand.

Maybe not a flaw after all...dum...dum...dum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks exactly like the fat one on the VSF. Interesting!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Actually on that note here’s my 16710, it came from the factory with the larger hour hand.

Maybe not a flaw after all...dum...dum...dum

86bae31e217fc33fa5fa700c61a07d2d.jpg

Here're mine to compare...I guess VSF hands r fine as I feel no difference in VSF when wearing one:)

VSF

V51lph.jpg

GENs to compare

V51PIq.jpg

V51ows.jpg

V51wX6.jpg

V519rp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete and Om3ga_guy

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Thx mate, she’s certainly a head turner.

671120847c0d5fe26ba41276945312b4.jpg

She's and will always be...blue subs have been so iconic and Full gold Rolex is extraordinarily exuberant, they actually feel like luxury watches as compared to the hyped SS Rolexes imo......what a stunner...cheers bro!!!!

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Here're mine to compare...I guess VSF hands r fine as I feel no difference in VSF when wearing one:)

VSF

V51lph.jpg

GENs to compare

V51PIq.jpg

V51ows.jpg

V51wX6.jpg

V519rp.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I’ve got access to a set of gen hands and gen date disc. I’m going to make the switch over the holidays. I feel like the date change can be crisper as well on the VS3135 so I will likely go gen parts there too. The date on these watches is ever so “slightly” high. Hard to pick up but it’s noticeable.

In all honesty FWIW the crystal is great. I don’t see a need to change it.

Last edited:

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Thanks for sharing. I’ve got access to a set of gen hands and gen date disc. I’m going to make the switch over the holidays. I feel like the date change can be crisper as well on the VS3135 so I will likely go gen parts there too.

great idea...will wait eagerly to see the results...Happy holidays :)

btw mate, you must have forgotten, but I got my first ever rep watch from you from Canada...it was a modded AP Diver back in 2013 I guess...how time fly!!!

Last edited:

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
great idea...will wait eagerly to see the results...Happy holidays :)

btw mate, you must have forgotten, but I got my first ever rep watch from you from Canada...it was a modded AP Diver back in 2013 I guess...how time fly!!!

Wow that’s crazy, I remember the Diver, gets hard to remember members tho (sorry). I was off the rep radar for a while I only started fooling around on here again about a month ago.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited: