• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 2018 Finale, Omega Full Ceramic 600M GMT

Aramis2288

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
The Bezel is not correct the gen is not engraved

Yeah, it's a known flaw. But in real life, it's barely visible as the engraving is very shallow (nothing as pronounced as a Submariner for example).
Personally, I am more relaxed about minor flaws in e.g. Omega and others than in Rolex.
The average people usually do not suspect 'fake omegas' as much as they do with Rollies, plus they don't have the fundamental knowledge to call the details out, so not a biggie IMO.

Reactions: dennito

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
I believe engraved bezel is not a minor tell on a watch model shown in every window os ad's and reseller omega shop all around the world

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
Cool. Whatever rows one's boat. All I am saying is that I was not too bothered with it, because people tend to have no knowledge about the details of Omegas. It's way easier to get called out on Rolex with a shitty black hole.

But yeah, it's there. What's not important to one person can be a deal-breaker for another.

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
Cool. Whatever rows one's boat. All I am saying is that I was not too bothered with it, because people tend to have no knowledge about the details of Omegas. It's way easier to get called out on Rolex with a shitty black hole.

But yeah, it's there. What's not important to one person can be a deal-breaker for another.

kiwon618

8/5/19
Hey all. Reviving an old thread. Just wanted to share some pics. I got a Gen strap for this watch. Couldn't deal with the stinky rep rubber strap after daily wear. The Gen has a anti microbial coating that seems to prevent this. Fitment is a little wonky as I had trouble getting one side in...seems to be the same problem as the 300M divers. I had to bend the springbar a bit to really get the things to fit.
shr_1362.jpg
shr_1361.jpg
[/IMG]
shr_1361.jpg

fitment is nice!

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Hello everyone, I am interested in one of these ceramic models.
My TD says that in 4-5 weeks VSF will have stock, now they are full with orders for the Chinese New Year.
A question for the owners of this beauty, now that I have clarified the issue of the bezel, my question is the following.
Over time the paint on the bezel tends to fade, or it holds up well.
My question is whether the Black or the Big Blue, forgetting about the bezel problem, I see that the Black is almost perfect but I don't know if the Big Blue is.

Thank you all for your comments and wise insights

westybat

Horology Curious
29/5/22
Hey all. Reviving an old thread. Just wanted to share some pics. I got a Gen strap for this watch. Couldn't deal with the stinky rep rubber strap after daily wear. The Gen has a anti microbial coating that seems to prevent this. Fitment is a little wonky as I had trouble getting one side in...seems to be the same problem as the 300M divers. I had to bend the springbar a bit to really get the things to fit.
shr_1362.jpg
shr_1361.jpg
[/IMG]
shr_1361.jpg

If I may, can I ask where you purchased this strap from? I'd like to purchase the same- I have the same discontent with my VSF strap!

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
Any of my smaller wrist’ed brethren looking for a smaller strap for the black model can order it directly from Swatch Group materials dept.

I needed one extra hole towards the smaller side and this shorter version gives you three.

Part number: 032CVZ005756

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 877-839-5224

Being a genuine strap it is on the pricier side, but at least it comes with a nice case and microfiber mat. If you care about that sort of thing anyway.