• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610LN Minute hand not working properly

lildjaga

Horology Curious
8/2/24
Hi RWI!

I received my VSF 126610LN from PureTime a few weeks ago and sadly the minute hand has had a problem, resulting in the watch not displaying the time at all.

Once I set the time (with the crown), once the second hand ticks 12:00, the minute hand doesn’t move at all. Sometimes it does for a few hours if I set it up correctly (I have no clue how), but ultimately it stops again.

Example: last time I reset was 11:36 and the second hand keeps moving, but the minute hand is still stuck on :36 and it now is 12:04.. the hour hand is still stuck at the same place.

Any advice or someone who has had this?

I contacted PureTime and they offer a repair but the shipping costs I have to cover along with the potential risk of losing the watch in shipment, without a replacement.

Thank you in advance!

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hello,
Do they offer a repair in China ? :)
The best way to repair it would be to ask a watchsmith near your place and get a refund from PT after having shown the invoice...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Where are you located? My suggest would be reach out to a watchsmith from The forum and arrange for them to evaluate and service the movement. I personally would not send it back to China.

Reactions: Nono92

lildjaga

Horology Curious
8/2/24
Where are you located? My suggest would be reach out to a watchsmith from The forum and arrange for them to evaluate and service the movement. I personally would not send it back to China.
How much do you think that will cost?

lildjaga

Horology Curious
8/2/24
Hello,
Do they offer a repair in China ? :)
The best way to repair it would be to ask a watchsmith near your place and get a refund from PT after having shown the invoice...
Does PT do this?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
How much do you think that will cost?
It depends on if parts are needed. Figure basic service you're probably looking at around 200 to 250 plus parts. You'd have to ask what the current going rates are when you reach out to the watchsmiths. It's been a couple years since I've had a Rolex movement service

lildjaga

Horology Curious
8/2/24
It depends on if parts are needed. Figure basic service you're probably looking at around 200 to 250 plus parts. You'd have to ask what the current going rates are when you reach out to the watchsmiths. It's been a couple years since I've had a Rolex movement service
I appreciate this message, but that’s almost half the watch price. @puretime do you do any form of remote support? I’ve emailed you but I’m not sure if you received this (repairs email)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I appreciate this message, but that’s almost half the watch price. @puretime do you do any form of remote support? I’ve emailed you but I’m not sure if you received this (repairs email)
If you haven't gotten the response in a decent amount of time, I would suggest opening a help desk ticket. They may have someone available locally that can help or they might offer you a partial credit or refund to offset some of the cost of the repair depending on what's wrong. Opening the help desk ticket will get the staff involved if needed.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
I don't know but they should. A few weeks is not a long time... What do they say on their website ?
6 months warranty but you pay the shipping. I don't know how much you will have to pay for an insurance.