• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Quick off topic from AR...
I just broke the insert of my vsf(2 days of wirst).
I realized that vsf uses clean factory inserts for their 126610.
46797c366311543cadca5788d90cb706.jpg

ed88fe9198b1c43dafbbb4df60f32b3c.jpg

I have been lucky because i managed to re-fit the insert and it went in perfect.
04f9725d0bbea8847f876510e56d64c1.jpg

I asked for a spare insert but it seems not available at the moment.
I can only say that it's really fragile.
Carefull guys
Anyway the quality of the platinum layer is top!

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Can you explain how you broke this? I assume you were removing the bezel? If so, why were you removing it? Just curious is all. More info please :)

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Can you explain how you broke this? I assume you were removing the bezel? If so, why were you removing it? Just curious is all. More info please :)

Yep,
it happened because i removed the bezel for a light polish on a lug after a stupid hit with a door.
I removed a tons of bezels on 116610 subs including zzf that uses clean too...
This one has been very fragile.
The good side of the story is that i can refit it easy and now it's spot on as before.
I also ordered another watch(identical) because i like it so much that i would keep another piece for the future.
When the clean inserts will be available i'll make it Kermit.

Reactions: ColumnWheel

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
I thought his description of how the dial, markers, etc.. of the 126 series was better than the 116 series is a good indication of the AR doing its job.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Yep,
it happened because i removed the bezel for a light polish on a lug after a stupid hit with a door.
I removed a tons of bezels on 116610 subs including zzf that uses clean too...
This one has been very fragile.
The good side of the story is that i can refit it easy and now it's spot on as before.
I also ordered another watch(identical) because i like it so much that i would keep another piece for the future.
When the clean inserts will be available i'll make it Kermit.

If you haven’t glued it in yet could you take some measurements with calipers? Curious to know the exact ID and OD of the insert.
glad you got it refitted. Sure looks good.

Reactions: bill33

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
You guys ready for more confusion? :lol:

So I messaged two TDs from RWG - Mary Watch and Marvellous Replica. I asked them if they knew if there was AR on the inside of the crystal. Mary emailed me back and said there is colorless AR on the inside of the crystal. M from Marvellous Replica replied to me on WhatsApp and said "I don't know to be honest."

I asked Mary if the AR was present on the inside only under the cyclops or if it was on the entire inside of the crystal, she hasn't answered yet. I'll let you know what she says when she replies to the follow up question.

I also asked M to let me know if he was able to find out from the factory.

So I guess (and I'm a big part of the guilty party) that arguing about the AR on the underside is a mute point at the moment since I can't even get straight answers from TDs yet.

Follow up from Mary: "whole crystal colorless AR cyclops I can see blue AR"

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Does anyone know if vsf is still open? Did anyone get qc pics in the last couple of days?

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
If you haven’t glued it in yet could you take some measurements with calipers? Curious to know the exact ID and OD of the insert.
glad you got it refitted. Sure looks good.

I refitted it but it's not glued.
It has same as gen bezel assembly "snap on" system.

Reactions: Mille M

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
I refitted it but it's not glued.
It has same as gen bezel assembly "snap on" system.

Nice to know.
It's nice to have the chance to easily tranform a 126610 LN to a LV, using a CF insert.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
That's sucks :(
By the way are the Clicksprings gen Spec or like ARF?
Do I measured the retainer and Crystal while the bezel was deinstalled?
Hope you get a new Ceramic Inlay soon.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Quick off topic from AR...
I just broke the insert of my vsf(2 days of wirst).
I realized that vsf uses clean factory inserts for their 126610.
46797c366311543cadca5788d90cb706.jpg

ed88fe9198b1c43dafbbb4df60f32b3c.jpg

I have been lucky because i managed to re-fit the insert and it went in perfect.
04f9725d0bbea8847f876510e56d64c1.jpg

I asked for a spare insert but it seems not available at the moment.
I can only say that it's really fragile.
Carefull guys
Anyway the quality of the platinum layer is top!
I've broken inserts before and if it's a clean break you. Can epokybthenmnacl together and you only see the hairline if you look closely. And it's pretty durable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Just a quick update after a few weeks of near daily use. I started to notice little bits about the watch that I didn't notice before- the crown and the underside of the case sides are actually a little rough compared to my gen 116710; I never really noticed before. I'd expect this from the bracelet, not from the case or crown. Minor issue but irritating nonetheless. Although first thoughts are that this is a great OOTB rep, this has changed my opinion of that somewhat.

My Noob 116519 I feel is still the best OOTB rep I've had so far so far, though the clasp is crap.

cosmo25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/1/21
Just a quick update after a few weeks of near daily use. I started to notice little bits about the watch that I didn't notice before- the crown and the underside of the case sides are actually a little rough compared to my gen 116710; I never really noticed before. I'd expect this from the bracelet, not from the case or crown. Minor issue but irritating nonetheless. Although first thoughts are that this is a great OOTB rep, this has changed my opinion of that somewhat.

My Noob 116519 I feel is still the best OOTB rep I've had so far so far, though the clasp is crap.

Crown could be easily swapped with a gen crown :)

cosmo25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/1/21
I'm not the type that'd mod a watch really, so OOTB is best for lazy folks like me :)

Hahaha lets hope there would be an updated vsf v2 in the near future, couple thing for them to iron out but overall they got it on point for a v1 :)