• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Mine has held up well.

Glide lock has actually improved with age, super smooth now.

My quickset date has never been quite right, sometimes works flawless other times snaps over in between dates but if you turn the crown just a little more it flops over into place. No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LaraA

RE-13

26/3/15
Thanks for all the info on reliability info, I’m excited to get mine. Been waiting 5 days now. Hopefully it arrives soon. Its the S29 serial number. I will probably be ordering a couple of them as well!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’m getting a second one, just to have, in case they stop making them years from now.
The rep industry has been around for decades, and it’s unlikely to collapse and vanish any time soon. And just in the couple of years I’ve been into reps, they’ve improved dramatically. There’s no reason to think that the pinnacle of rep Sub has been reached. Give it another 18 months, and an even better version will hit the market.

I don’t really think there’s any need to start panic buying just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’d argue the 126 has poor endlinks with shallow soft centre edges looks bad. The 116 has better endlinks but not quite defined/sharp enough. Other than that they are good enough to wear during an AD visit. :nono:

Last edited:
Reactions: eazye and LaraA

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I’d argue the 126 has poor endlinks with shallow soft centre edges looks bad. The 116 has better endlinks but not quite defined/sharp enough. Other than that they are good enough to wear during an AD visit. :nono:

Agreed. The center step is almost non existent. It’s good enough tho. All around the 12 is more than good enough.

Herb Banvel

Looking Around
24/5/19
The clone is slightly out of focus on most of the shots.
As a professional photographer that also shoots macro, even a fraction of a distance can soften the object. Take, for example, the nice hard edge of the original vs the soft edge of the clone in the shot where they are side by side. This is due to being a touch out of focus on the clone. Also in the front shot, notice the blurry lettering and numbers. This is not poor craftsmanship, but an error in focus.
Another example is where the R is circled in both the real and clone. If you notice, the authentic Rolex is in focus, whereas the clone is not only out of focus but also the angle of the watch is tilted much more forward, and closer to the camera (you can tell this by the larger size of the clone).

I'm pretty sure that nobody further than a foot away could tell the difference between the two, especially if one did not have a real one to compare to.

7five7

31/12/19
Can anyone confirm if there’s a noticeable difference between the lume on Gen hands and the VSF Dial? Thinking of swapping the hands with Gen but want to make sure the lume matches in daylight and night

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Can anyone confirm if there’s a noticeable difference between the lume on Gen hands and the VSF Dial? Thinking of swapping the hands with Gen but want to make sure the lume matches in daylight and night

I think the lume material matches pretty well. But I’d like to know this as well from any owners who’ve done gen hand swap on the vsf sub

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
are these ceramic subs from VSF readily available from any of our fave TDs? or where they all gone after the recent raids?

the CCP members got each of these VSF? LOL

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
are these ceramic subs from VSF readily available from any of our fave TDs? or where they all gone after the recent raids?

the CCP members got each of these VSF? LOL

VSF is no longer available

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
VSF is no longer available

wow maybe that's what sparked the recent raids, the accuracy or someone got duped in bulk with these VSF subs LOL

will it go down into rep watch history ala TC V6/V7 subs?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The clone is slightly out of focus on most of the shots.
As a professional photographer that also shoots macro, even a fraction of a distance can soften the object. Take, for example, the nice hard edge of the original vs the soft edge of the clone in the shot where they are side by side. This is due to being a touch out of focus on the clone. Also in the front shot, notice the blurry lettering and numbers. This is not poor craftsmanship, but an error in focus.
Another example is where the R is circled in both the real and clone. If you notice, the authentic Rolex is in focus, whereas the clone is not only out of focus but also the angle of the watch is tilted much more forward, and closer to the camera (you can tell this by the larger size of the clone).

I'm pretty sure that nobody further than a foot away could tell the difference between the two, especially if one did not have a real one to compare to.

Yeah, screw pictures. I have both of these watches so I'm talking about in hand.

7five7

31/12/19
I think the lume material matches pretty well. But I’d like to know this as well from any owners who’ve done gen hand swap on the vsf sub

Yea I’ve been looking around but most swaps I’ve seen include a Gen Dial