• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VS Factory Omega Planet Ocean 600 43.5mm

jaceyboy

Known Member
22/3/13
UK
Hey guys,

Ive had this watch for around 3 years now and loved it, and its only just started to stop ocassionally, I think it needs a service thats all, but they want £150 so I might just pull the trigger on a new one, has anyone had the version with Orange on the bezel and hands etc? mine was blue and the little writing below the Omega in orange faded over time and dissapeared., I dont want to buy the Orange version and it fade,?!

Also with this factory I notice the crown does not screw in anymore, is this still the case with the watch if I buy a new one? is it the best version still?

KoTUUv.jpeg

KoTexK.jpeg

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Hey guys,

Ive had this watch for around 3 years now and loved it, and its only just started to stop ocassionally, I think it needs a service thats all, but they want £150 so I might just pull the trigger on a new one, has anyone had the version with Orange on the bezel and hands etc? mine was blue and the little writing below the Omega in orange faded over time and dissapeared., I dont want to buy the Orange version and it fade,?!

Also with this factory I notice the crown does not screw in anymore, is this still the case with the watch if I buy a new one? is it the best version still?

KoTUUv.jpeg

KoTexK.jpeg
Hi I have the one in the second picture also from VSF. It looks great and has no issues so far with the orange colour. Somewhere in the "What Omega Are you wearing today" forum you can find a picture of mine

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
It worries me as its my daily watch
Was it a VSF you had before? I never had issues with mechanical or colour quality with VSF watches. I have to many watches in rotation now but before I had a 45mm model with orange numbers and black dial. I have been wearing it a lot without any issues

Reactions: jaceyboy

jaceyboy

Known Member
22/3/13
UK
Was it a VSF you had before? I never had issues with mechanical or colour quality with VSF watches. I have to many watches in rotation now but before I had a 45mm model with orange numbers and black dial. I have been wearing it a lot without any issues
Yes VSF in blue, crown failed and orange writing faded

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Yes VSF in blue, crown failed and orange writing faded
Well sounds like bad luck. Some bad surprises can be expected buying replicas. I also experienced getting a watch from a different factory then I ordered. Probably not the case for you but so far I have had zero issues with Trusty and The one watch.

jaceyboy

Known Member
22/3/13
UK
Well sounds like bad luck. Some bad surprises can be expected buying replicas. I also experienced getting a watch from a different factory then I ordered. Probably not the case for you but so far I have had zero issues with Trusty and The one watch.
My VSF was from The One Watches and was sent back to China for repair within the first year for the faulty crown, then it happened again

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
Ok just my experience your is obviously different. Perhaps should try another factory. Check the omega forum about others people experience with other factories for this model and good luck

jaceyboy

Known Member
22/3/13
UK
Ok just my experience your is obviously different. Perhaps should try another factory. Check the omega forum about others people experience with other factories for this model and good luck
But for all I know VSF is supposed to be the 'best' for Omega, maybe I was unlucky like you said

aguida

Patron
Certified
5/3/22
It's very difficult to generalize so lot has to do with being lucky. Real gen quality has its price. Just as reference I recently changed from TOW to Trusty exactly because I receive two broken watches that shown fine on the QCs.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
FYI the 39.5 I had in past had inferior crystal and cheaper strap.

MrZaha

Known Member
27/5/22
I own this and from what i understand from other posters the orange text will fade aull the way if you constantly have it in the sun.

X

jaceyboy

Known Member
22/3/13
UK
Including the numbers? my blue one only had a few texts in orange and Im in the UK so not much sun lol but it still faded

motoman83

Known Member
23/3/13
The orange text on my noob PO from around 2013 or quickly faded to nearly white, so not necessarily a VSF problem, seems to be a trickier pigment to achieve longevity from.