• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage style BP reps?

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
That’s a gorgeous piece, is there anymore you could share with us ?
There will be more soon hopefully, waiting on a bunch of parts but a week in Vietnam time seems to run into a couple of months ????

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Been on a bit of a break from watch building but the bug is coming back,
Got a little something on the go,more pics to come once I finish.

Chuckchillout

Do not accept unsolicited offers
16/1/24
So here it is ,just finished this evening.
Wow! Looks amazing. I’ve been on the hunt for a Tornek Rayville. I saw you posted one earlier in the thread. Was that your build? I’m debating on if I should attempt a build.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
It was a rdnae from Ali express with a custom dial,
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
£244.78 | RDUNAE Men Automatic Watch Diver Military Mechanical Wristwatch 200M Waterproof Luminous NH35 Ceramic Bezel Barracuda Pot Cover
Yup those Aliexpress watches make an amazing base if one does not care about 100% accuracy. They get the feeling correct.

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
I managed to remove and strip the insert to relume with a more authentic look,it looked too new before

Last edited:

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Since @Alhig72 started my Blancpain / Tornek-Rayville bug, I bumped into this ad on the dutch classified website Marktplaats - https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/sierad...-koop-tornek-rayville-tr900-navy-seal-horloge

This dude is supposedly selling a Tornek-Rayville TR900 for 30k. He also shows it in a Blancpain box. Lots of fluff about Navy Seals but no concrete provenance.

I don't want to call someone a fraud without solid proof, but the watch feels off to me. Perhaps like he "vintagized" the modern Bill Yao Tornek-Rayville TR-660?

What do the experts say?

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Since @Alhig72 started my Blancpain / Tornek-Rayville bug, I bumped into this ad on the dutch classified website Marktplaats - https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/sierad...-koop-tornek-rayville-tr900-navy-seal-horloge

This dude is supposedly selling a Tornek-Rayville TR900 for 30k. He also shows it in a Blancpain box. Lots of fluff about Navy Seals but no concrete provenance.

I don't want to call someone a fraud without solid proof, but the watch feels off to me. Perhaps like he "vintagized" the modern Bill Yao Tornek-Rayville TR-660?

What do the experts say?
Its not a blancpain, case and bezel is way too fat and has drilled lugs as opposed to the fixed lug bars of the gen,dial is just an average looking rep dial,it should look like this and cost 4 times what he is asking

Last edited:
Reactions: evilgenius88

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Nice! Appreciate the keen eye, always great to learn more about the details from the pros.

And yeah, that 2-piece caseback is a signature thing for a FF / TR - probably why he’s not showing the caseback in his pics.

For me, the first red flag was this guy knowing everything about this watch but selling it for 30k…