• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Rolex 1601 Vintage build (Franken)

drvintage

Patron
Certified
21/11/19
you're right 3186 is a GMT but I guess also 3135 . In any case I would find a 3186 for a white Explorer II . It's a very old rep that I bought several years ago (almost25) and I would mod and change movement soon ..it's my first project
Hey, I do not think your explorer have 3186 inside.. :)

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
Where you get that movement marked “Rolex”? And if you don’t mind could let us know the cost of that movement? I’d like tto buy several of them. You watch looks awesome!

Last edited:

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I have to say, I am very satisfied with the Raffles 10k bracelet.. the end links have a wrong form and the bracelet is very sharp, but it is fixable. I like it anyway.

The main thing is, the real 10k gold and the end links have the gold applications in the middle. the colour is a little too reddish, but it’s normal for 10k gold. For this price unbeatable.

Now you’ve got my attention. I’ve been meaning to replace my franken’s bracelet and I see this is an attractive alternative. It’s cheaper than the only other one I know from WSO/Amazon in similar quality. I think this Raffles one is going to be my new bracelet.

drvintage

Patron
Certified
21/11/19
Now you’ve got my attention. I’ve been meaning to replace my franken’s bracelet and I see this is an attractive alternative. It’s cheaper than the only other one I know from WSO/Amazon in similar quality. I think this Raffles one is going to be my new bracelet.
I can totaly recommend the bracelet, if you are able to adjust the endlinks

Ukonuj

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/4/24
Question on the gold hands, did you get 3135 hands or 1570 hands? Thank you

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
This is a really sweet build with an excellent write-up. Congratulations, and thanks for the details, tips, and everything else you've included. Great work.

Pyter2

Watch Enthusiast
18/1/20
At the first try I saw the first and biggest problem with this build.. It seems, the 3135 movements plate, where movement holder screws have to be placed is app. 1mm higher, as at 1570...

I will keep the case gen so it will be not touched..It seems for me I have only one option to fix this : I have to take some material from the plate and make the screws a little bit shorter, to bring these on the right high.. and I did this..

Congratulations on a great build, and thank you for sharing your expertise. I am in a similar situation—I have a 1601 case, and I want to fit a VS3135 movement. Could you please explain the steps involved in removing some material from the plate and shortening the screws? Are there any specific tools required? From which area of the movement should I remove the material? I would greatly appreciate it if you could detail the process. Thank you in advance.