• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vietnamese Strap Makers on Ebay

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I have one VNHandcraftart strap for sale in the Straps section. Practically Brand New mounted once and immediately taken of coz it too big for my girly wrist.
4fec456f5b898e4f33a49dccc9ba08b5.jpg

Link to the sales thread-> http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=265767

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
I ordered one for my upcoming IWC .... cannot go wrong g for 35$

Dr. Theo

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
How long did you wait? I am in week 3 now...

With my most recent order I'm still waiting. It's been about 30 days now. With previous orders I received everything in a little over two weeks.

I sent him a message. He claimed that he's been having trouble with his skin supplier. But it has apparently been resolved by now. I'm expecting another message from him in the next day or so with pics of the final straps.

Guicamarao

17/2/14
I bought one Croc in grey for my TAG Carrera. Good quality, took almost 3 months to arrive regardless...

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Well Tuan didn't have any dark grey hide in stock so I searched and found another Vietnamese strap maker on WUS.
Vy is his name and he charged me $35 for this custom genuine alligator strap for my Tag Carrera 1887 anthracite dial.
Took a little longer than Tuan usually does, but overall very happy.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I think that all of these guys know each other. When i asked one seller about the other - they told me it was his brother and that i can trust his work and quality lol

Keylog74

14/6/13
You won't be disappointed. I have 3 being made for my RM. Just sent him the specs and he works his magic from there.

i would love to see this RM straps ! please post some pic when you get them :)

Keylog74

14/6/13
Will do. Haven't seen the final product yet and my patience is growing thin. I'll post them as soon as I can.

one more thing . you ordered this for the RM010 correct ? did he need the old one as sample ? did you mod the watch or doing the strap on rep strap specs ?

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
one more thing . you ordered this for the RM010 correct ? did he need the old one as sample ? did you mod the watch or doing the strap on rep strap specs ?

No I measured the strap myself and gave him the specs. Since I have the v1 RM005 it uses the spring pins to secure the strap. The strap wouldn't be correct even if I did send it to him so I didn't bother.

I haven't done any mods; I'm patiently waiting for a decent version to be released. I'm not in a rush. However, I do have a few ideas I'm tossing around like correct screws, double AR. If a version with a correct case and strap can be released, I'll send off the strap for replication and transplant the v1 movement with clear DW. That'll be a step or two closer to gen, at least in theory.

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
Ordered another Tuan custom. For a Pam 604. 27/22 mm. Will send a pic after it's mounted.
a77a0f2306e45c44d7b8b705ac4d8e05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

futura

Looking Around
17/11/08
Ordered from Tuan. Cannot say I am happy. The quality of the strap is such that I am questioning the authenticity of the leather itself. Smells like faux leather to me, typical pungent chemical aroma. Does not smell like genuine leather at all. Worlds apart from my Orloff croc, indeed. Knew that 30usd of strap cannot compare to 130usd, of course, but was not expecting faux. Thinking of sending it back. What do you guys think? 100% genuine products?

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
I have three straps from Tuan and they are all definitely genuine croc hide - none have chemical smell either.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Will do. Haven't seen the final product yet and my patience is growing thin. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Any update? I'm trying to figure out who to go with for a custom croc for my Snoopy and I'd rather not have a 3 month wait...

chipz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/15
Placed an order a few moments ago with vnhandcraftart for a custom length strap. Current waiting time is approx 15 days. With shipping, I'll be lucky to see this in 2015.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Any update? I'm trying to figure out who to go with for a custom croc for my Snoopy and I'd rather not have a 3 month wait...

Yes. The straps turned out nice but nothing like envisioned. I'll admit a large part was probably due to my measurements...at least I'll claim responsibility for it.

My novice mistake was to not send him the rep strap to go by.

That said I'll use him again to purchase more good quality straps. He does good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk