• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Viet build Tudor 9411/0 presentation and advice

dc2Rk24

Cars, Cats and Watches - Mostly Hated
Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
Hello everyone !

First time poster here, new to this forum but not new to reps in general. Being knowledgeable about high end reps for about a year and a half I know some things but definitely not enough. I recently acquired through a private sale from the BsT discord a Tudor 9411/0 which comes with the following spec list :
• Vietnamese Case engraved
• Vietnamese dial and hands ( aged )
• Jensen bezel and insert
• Gen ETA 2824-2 movement with Tudor engraved rotor ( unknown source )
• Cartel bracelet

I don’t know who did the labor but the case and bracelet seem to have been worked so as to give an appropriate vintage look for the watches age. Also the dial and hands have some flaws due to previous servicing butchering as it seems but I think it gives a nice touch to the overall look of the watch.
I really enjoy this watch and want to Franken it further with some gen parts and that’s where your advice is needed (xtal upgrade? Gen crown? Etc), also I wouldn’t know which Italian bracelet is appropriate for my watches supposed age, as I would like to buy one and install it. I understand it’s the next best thing from gen. Excuse my direct questions but I’m just getting used to the forum and its search bar.

Some pictures from the previous owner because I can’t take a proper photo of watches:cry:

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
The good thing of Vietnam cases is that they take gen parts. You can think of insert, xtal or even dial and hands. At least it's your own dicission if it's worth the money. I'm building vintage watches by myself but Don't thing that gen parts are necessary. Old watches have often got changed parts during Service. So none is realy the same. Beside that all parts age different depending on the use.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and dc2Rk24

dc2Rk24

Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
Thanks for the response, didn’t know that about viet cases. I guess I haven’t thought about parts being replaced with aftermarket over the “years of usage”. I’m more concerned about the bracelet since I know there is out there a better version and it’s within a reasonable budget (~300usd if I’m correct). It’s a direct relation to how the watch wears. Is there a significant difference between the cartel and the Italian ?

DCWatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/20
I have a 7021 project with a few gen parts… I’d look for a silver date wheel for the movement (look at gen 9411s and their date wheels are not white). I also got a gen 25-125 crystal that really helped. There’s a good comparison on RWI of 25-125 crystals.

For the Italian bracelet, I went with a 78360 which is not period correct for the 7021 but I didn’t want a folded bracelet. It’s worth the upgrade to Italian unless you want to spend the $1k+ on a gen

• Love
Reactions: dc2Rk24

dc2Rk24

Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
Thanks for the info ! 🫡
So I have some studying to do this weekend and later on some searching!

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I would upgrade the crown / tube first to gen 703 crown with (aftermarket or gen) 7030 tube.

Then i would also upgrade the date disc to preferably a gen tudor date disc (or another one with fonts that looks closer to gen).

Gen dial would be expensive. I would leave that

• Love

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
What a great looking watch, in a great spec! GEN crown, tube and crystal are a good shout but I'd be very happy wearing that as-is!

An ETA 2783/2784 could be an interesting upgrade, to be more GEN, but far from necessary.

• Love

dc2Rk24

Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
thanks for the responses guys !
Seems the general consensus is to swap crown and date wheel, crystal might do later on depending whether or not I want to “de-age” the watch? As it would be “new looking”. 🧐
Really want to find an appropriate Italian bracelet at first though. In terms of how the watch wears I think it’ll be the biggest upgrade.

dc2Rk24

Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
Period correct Italian bracelet ordered !
Next up is finding someone willing to mod this watch (with period correct datewheel, crown and xtal ) as well as maintain it.
The search continues 🔎

kmac

2/2/09
I would upgrade the crown / tube first to gen 703 crown with (aftermarket or gen) 7030 tube.

Then i would also upgrade the date disc to preferably a gen tudor date disc (or another one with fonts that looks closer to gen).

Gen dial would be expensive. I would leave that
Yep hard to tell but it is silver. I got an old 2784 movement with the silver datewheel and it is definitely the extra touch up close.

Which the silver date wheels were a common thing now.

dc2Rk24

Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
Yep hard to tell but it is silver. I got an old 2784 movement with the silver datewheel and it is definitely the extra touch up close.

Which the silver date wheels were a common thing now.
At this time I’m searching for either a whole 2784 movement or a silver datewheel by itself. Moreover I’m doing some research on who can actually make the modifications I want to the watch, as I’ll probably go the gen crystal/crown way as well.
Love your snowflake though !
Blue on blue goes so well with this watch 😍

kmac

2/2/09
Hello everyone !

First time poster here, new to this forum but not new to reps in general. Being knowledgeable about high end reps for about a year and a half I know some things but definitely not enough. I recently acquired through a private sale from the BsT discord a Tudor 9411/0 which comes with the following spec list :
• Vietnamese Case engraved
• Vietnamese dial and hands ( aged )
• Jensen bezel and insert
• Gen ETA 2824-2 movement with Tudor engraved rotor ( unknown source )
• Cartel bracelet

I don’t know who did the labor but the case and bracelet seem to have been worked so as to give an appropriate vintage look for the watches age. Also the dial and hands have some flaws due to previous servicing butchering as it seems but I think it gives a nice touch to the overall look of the watch.
I really enjoy this watch and want to Franken it further with some gen parts and that’s where your advice is needed (xtal upgrade? Gen crown? Etc), also I wouldn’t know which Italian bracelet is appropriate for my watches supposed age, as I would like to buy one and install it. I understand it’s the next best thing from gen. Excuse my direct questions but I’m just getting used to the forum and its search bar.

Some pictures from the previous owner because I can’t take a proper photo of watches:cry:

I want that bezel insert!!

• Haha

dc2Rk24

Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
It was sold to me as Jensens bezel and insert which I didn’t know at that time who that was.
Welp from my research here on RWI I’ve come to the conclusion that Jensen is phongs son and has a separate store. Unfortunately that’s where my knowledge about how to buy it or where from ends.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Does anyone know if a 2784 date disc would fit a 2824(or clone like SW200, seagull etc)?

Has anyone ordered one from this ebay seller? Very inexpensive but not sure if they would work, looks like they may have extra material protruding on the outer edge of the back side? Picture is pretty blurry so cant tell. Not sure if the font is identical to the tudor ETAs but seems much better than stock regardless.

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Handsome date disc! Never thought about date disc compatibility but would also be interested in the answer!

While we're at it - anyone know if the dial feet position are the same for a 2484 (7021 movement) and a 2452, which I think is the base movement.

Stands to reason they would be but a 2452 I'm looking at (in pics) just doesn't seem to have the dial foot hole at 11min. Ugh.