• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC 4500VC bezel assembly?

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Hi, does anyone know how to disassemble the bezel of the 4500V? Is it pressed to the main case? Or rather screwed?
There are many complains about the bezel alignment and I'm wondering if anybody successfully disassembled the bezel from the main case.

Thanks

asdfvav

Looking Around
5/2/19
It's pressed in on the ZF/PPF model. There are a couple of members on here who have sent the watch away to a watchmaker to correct the problem. Should be able to be fixed, but you need the right tools, otherwise you might bend the bezel.
The misaligned date can also be realigned to a certain extent, I may write a guide on this as soon as I have some free time!

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Hi, thanks. I don’t need to align the bezel but rather extend the diameter for the dial of the 7900 V where gen dial is about 0.5 mm larger than the rep. That is why I need to remove the bezel and put it back then, any idea how to do if it is pressed? Som blade between the bezel and the main case?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Hi, thanks. I don’t need to align the bezel but rather extend the diameter for the dial of the 7900 V where gen dial is about 0.5 mm larger than the rep. That is why I need to remove the bezel and put it back then, any idea how to do if it is pressed? Som blade between the bezel and the main case?
Its pressed on. I have a couple of pics a few threads above this one on " bezel reposition".

Don't use a blade....

Reactions: asdfvav

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Hi, thanks. Already done it with 7900V. Not that difficult but needs to be careful to avoid scratching the bezel.

Reactions: asdfvav