• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Patrimony re-release coming soon

eiwood

Panerai Curious
Patron
Certified
10/12/21
US
Looking forward to seeing how this looks in-hand. Pink gold/black looks very nice!

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Straight out of the box : the rep is freaking nice. Despite all this nitpicking I'm getting into, it's gorgeous and definitely will be worn. I'll post more shots in the sunlight tomorrow as it's evening here now. I will also write a full review when I've lived with the rep more.

Neutral observations :
  1. It's big, but not super big. The dial feels more akin to a 44mm Panerai, but it wears like a Submariner-ish.
  2. The PR works. But it's a little odd. Compared to the 5712 PR which is really smooth (the PR hand moves really smoothly), but this PR moves less smooth, it "jumps" a little. It's hard to explain, i will try and take a video later. The hand doesn't smoothly go from 0 to 14, I feel it jumps a little for each increment. I hope it isn't an issue.
  3. Movement so far is stable, measured at +8s/day on 0.6m/s on my shitty timegrapher app.

Pros :
  1. The dial has the "textured" shimmery dots I tried to capture in photo. It's gorgeous when a ray of light hits it.
  2. The case is well finished, so is the crown. No complaints here.
  3. I got lucky
  4. The back is acceptable for a fake deco plate. The engravings are nice but the neon pink jewels kinda stand out.
  5. Winding is buttery smooth. No issues here.

Cons :
  1. Strap is garbage, actual garbage, one of the worst straps I've had. It's flimsy, and it's very short (those of you with big wrists, will need a new strap). When I received it, the strap was LITERALLY shaped UPWARDS. That's how bad it was. 100% going to replace the strap immediately.
  2. The clasp is mediocre, acceptable but they definitely skimped on this. But it's a rep, this is common. But compared to the OMF Blancpain Villeret clasp, this shit blows.
  3. Additionally, gen has curved spring bars. This rep has straight spring bars. Another inaccuracy.
  4. The back plate finishing is NOT like promotional pictures. The part I highlighted in red,, this "fake gear" it shows it's well finished with some kind of patterning in the promotional photos. But in reality there is no finishing/geneve striping. It's unpolished.
  5. The movement from a loupe looks to be a little dirty and smudged. Not sure how I feel about it, but with this rep I'm not gonna do any servicing, if it breaks, it breaks.
  6. I can also see scratches on the back plate that were invisible during QC. A shame but I can't expect anything from a Chinese sweatshop, can I.

All in all, if you like it, grab it. It's a quality rep of a model that probably won't be repped again. But I wouldn't say this is a super high quality, breaks all barriers kinda rep. Don't go in expecting that.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I will write a full in depth review in a few weeks. Please don't hesitate to ask me questions about the rep or ask photos. After all, I learnt alot from this forum, I also want to give back as much as I can.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
So a few things. The watch is not quiet. It's not Timex or grandfather clock loud but if you're in a quiet environment you can hear the faint ticking. It's not annoying and I barely noticed it, if you're out at a coffee shop or in a public environment it's not an issue, but alone in a bedroom maybe you can hear it. I think it'a just the Seagull Tourbillion

The AR is like a 7/10, it suffers from the issue w large crystals, but no fish eye effect.

Lastly the markers could be better finished. In sunlight sometimes you can see the brushing really noticeably, which isn't gen-like.

I'm definitely gonna grab another though.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
@Reaps thank you for the review! Could you measure lug to lug and clash width so one can order a good strap right away? :)

Reactions: Reaps

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
It looks very acceptable! Still trying to get my dealer come back to me with a quote lol

Could you measure it by any chance ?

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Final quick points : it has 48h power reserve. Which is what the base Seagull Tourbillion has. Not bad.

Second of all, the PR is smoother now when winding. I don't know what happened, maybe it needed time to be broken in, but it's smooth now. No more "jumping" on the PR hand when winding. Here's a video.

Last of all, I find it really funny that a tourbillion is meant to improve accuracy, but this is a non hacking watch, making all of that pretty pointless :ROFLMAO:, the tourbillion is just to look cool, let's admit it

Reaps

-
25/9/22

This effect is hard to describe... it's like shimmering dots, it's really beautiful in the sunlight. Note the blued PR hands popping, the high polish and dial just flash in the sunlight. It's the main reason I wanted this.

But also I can't unsee that vertical brushing that looks too rough on the markers at certain angles (I'm batshit i know). I wish it was more like AP vertical brushing or fully polished....

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Final quick points : it has 48h power reserve. Which is what the base Seagull Tourbillion has. Not bad.

Second of all, the PR is smoother now when winding. I don't know what happened, maybe it needed time to be broken in, but it's smooth now. No more "jumping" on the PR hand when winding. Here's a video.

Last of all, I find it really funny that a tourbillion is meant to improve accuracy, but this is a non hacking watch, making all of that pretty pointless :ROFLMAO:, the tourbillion is just to look cool, let's admit it
I don’t know of many tourbillon that are hacking…. But I might be wrong. Had a good play with the out of this world JLC master tourbillon (dual time and date) and the movement definitely didn’t hack in any of the three crown positions

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Looks really good, thanks for the pics! Any chance of a vid?

Is the strap change straightforward with just normal spring bars?

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
I may be tripping, but that plate looks to be plastic, I bought a Historiques American 1921 from an UT (untrusted dealer) On the surface it looked good. Closer inspection revealed the gear smack in the middle of the plate was plastic, in fact the whole plate was plastic. Perhaps this doesn't matter but it felt cheap and I cheated myself with an eye bigger than my common sense.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I may be tripping, but that plate looks to be plastic, I bought a Historiques American 1921 from an UT (untrusted dealer) On the surface it looked good. Closer inspection revealed the gear smack in the middle of the plate was plastic, in fact the whole plate was plastic. Perhaps this doesn't matter but it felt cheap and I cheated myself with an eye bigger than my common sense.
The gear maybe, i dont really know, but the backplate is metal.

Reactions: aHero

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Thread is a little dead, but my TD said they "updated" the back plate to have the finishing for the movement now. I guess I got literally one of the first batches out so they hadn't quite done it yet. LOL.

Reactions: bombina and jimbo-o