• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6F PAM 643 Photo Review - ( pic heavy )

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I've just ordered this. Hobnail dial is just beautiful and they have 98% correct. Plus its closed caseback. Cant go wrong!

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Me too! Ordered based on this review!

IamTrent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/15
That dial is amazing, love the quality of the pictures as well

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Just received mine!
3060a03124da368f61541cb3a4ef4286.jpg

bryan6512

Known Member
23/5/15
Have the dial been updated? Looks not that greenish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvilT

17/12/14
Germany
Have the dial been updated? Looks not that greenish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not getting tired sayin': the lume just really quickly picks up light and is nearly permanently glowing a bit. ;)
As soon as the environment is brighter the markers look just like on that pic: in fact there are some shots in the pictorial which show this. (Compare some of the macros: lighting bright: correct Color. Hint of shadow: Green glow Kicks in)..
Verdict: don't worry, the dial is fine! ;)

EvilT
333 - Halfway to hell.

***sent from my PAM using Pamatalk.

interzonez

Known Member
16/5/17
Researching the PAM643. Read with interest the conversation regards the crown and hands. However, I'm confused as to why the hands need replaced? And/or the CP? In the case of the PAM643 V6F here is there a modification needed to hands or crown to improve this watch? Is this V6F version later and problems discussed in this thread improved?

EDIT - see that this is required to make the 'CP' smaller - as it is too large/shiny in the reps? CP stands for? I thought 'crown protector' but refers here to 'cap'..'?

How about the crown - should/could it be replaced? Where to order the hands?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Researching the PAM643. Read with interest the conversation regards the crown and hands. However, I'm confused as to why the hands need replaced? And/or the CP? In the case of the PAM643 V6F here is there a modification needed to hands or crown to improve this watch? Is this V6F version later and problems discussed in this thread improved?

EDIT - see that this is required to make the 'CP' smaller - as it is too large/shiny in the reps? CP stands for? I thought 'crown protector' but refers here to 'cap'..'?

How about the crown - should/could it be replaced? Where to order the hands?

You are mixing up terms.

CG = Crown Guard - also known as Device Protecting the Crown by Panerai
CP = Cannon Pinion - it is where the minute hand is attached.

interzonez

Known Member
16/5/17
Ah thanks @mysterio that explains it! I have seen CP used here and there was sure it had been used to refer to 'crown protector' in some cases instead of 'crown guard'. See the difference!

Now fully understand that to improve the PAM643 one should think about getting new hands and therefore a more gen CP. Also noted if I did that I may then have a spare white bordered seconds hand (if buying a hands set) with which to place on my VSF 564 in place of the incorrect black bordered seconds hand - would this be doable?

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
I think if you change double AR crytal will be gen like

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Ah thanks @mysterio that explains it! I have seen CP used here and there was sure it had been used to refer to 'crown protector' in some cases instead of 'crown guard'. See the difference!

Now fully understand that to improve the PAM643 one should think about getting new hands and therefore a more gen CP. Also noted if I did that I may then have a spare white bordered seconds hand (if buying a hands set) with which to place on my VSF 564 in place of the incorrect black bordered seconds hand - would this be doable?

Actually, you only need a regular set of Radiomir hands based on this thread by @mt666tm. :)
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/v6f-oversized-cp-problem-explained-and-fixed.274952/

interzonez

Known Member
16/5/17
I see thanks. Then standard Radiomir hands will have decent lume? - unknown I suppose until sourced. Standard set includes small seconds hand or needs to be requested that way? Who would be best to order this from do you have a recommendation?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I see thanks. Then standard Radiomir hands will have decent lume? - unknown I suppose until sourced. Standard set includes small seconds hand or needs to be requested that way? Who would be best to order this from do you have a recommendation?

I meant standard Radiomir hands = gen hands, at least that's how I read mt666tm's post.

interzonez

Known Member
16/5/17
Ah, I see of course! Yes - then should source gen Radiomir hands if wanting to switch out the CP.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Ah, I see of course! Yes - then should source gen Radiomir hands if wanting to switch out the CP.

Maybe try asking Davidsenjpn for black superlumed hands for radiomir 45mm case. They go for I think 25-30 usd, might be worth a try.