• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
IMG_0119899f54120f87fa49.jpg

OffshoreNL

Renowned Member
Supporter
20/2/21
Europe
Finally got my first 43mm rep today.. very underwhelming build quality. Feels a bit flimsy and overall not comparable to good old JF. Once I press the pusher on the top right, it will start the chrono function, but when pressed again to stop it, it will reset to zero instead. The pusher on the bottom right does nothing. Also setting the time and date feels like the crown stem is about to come out. Very fragile overall. Glad I didn't purchase the other colours immediately too. Also it wears like a MASSIVE cheeseburger on the wrist. I really want to like this watch but it's not making it very easy.. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: samsoniteman

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
One more picture..

It doesn’t look bad from the pic at all to be honest. Also as with all reps one needs to be more forgiving, especially given the price.
I understand you are saying it can be better like the old JF ROOs but if JF isn’t producing anymore then I guess the choices are limited. For what it’s worth, I think it looks nice and even though the details are not spot on, it’s still a good looking watch on its own. Enjoy it and wear it well!

OffshoreNL

Renowned Member
Supporter
20/2/21
Europe
It doesn’t look bad from the pic at all to be honest. Also as with all reps one needs to be more forgiving, especially given the price.
I understand you are saying it can be better like the old JF ROOs but if JF isn’t producing anymore then I guess the choices are limited. For what it’s worth, I think it looks nice and even though the details are not spot on, it’s still a good looking watch on its own. Enjoy it and wear it well!
Thanks A. The movement definitely needs some servicing. Already thinking about sending it your way ;)

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
One more picture..

Very nice! I just replied to you in another thread. Sucks to hear about the chrono function… guess they’re a bit finicky. Is yours also the APP version?

The chrono function on mine works properly but I won’t risk playing with it 😅

OffshoreNL

Renowned Member
Supporter
20/2/21
Europe
Very nice! I just replied to you in another thread. Sucks to hear about the chrono function… guess they’re a bit finicky. Is yours also the APP version?

The chrono function on mine works properly but I won’t risk playing with it 😅
Yeah it's the APP version. I am already tempted to order the blue / titanium one, thinking I had bad luck with this rep and the other build quality will be better. Still can't figure out if the blue APP one has a real titanium case or not. Description says titanium but on other sites it says stainless steal: https://puretimewatch88.io/watch-br...ion-blue-dial-on-blue-rubber-strap-a4401.html

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
spectacular! what factory is it? close to gen specs?

Thanks - it's an OMF that was nicely thinned (no rotor) with a gen dial and prof xtal. Can't remember the difference in thickness to gen.

I love it but there are a few here that would probably sneer at it from 100'.

Reactions: AG91 and pam63C