• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Taking photography classes at the Volkshochschule really did pay off for you J.

Kidding, more detailed pics please.

:p:p
Very funny, I suppose I deserved that, but I picked up my incredible photo skills from a Reddit forum, not the VHS... VHS is too expensive...
:)

Reactions: Revolper

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
T8iW5.jpg

That is just beautiful. Makes me want to get one!

Reactions: blackboxes

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I just measured the Dark Hamburger, 16.3mm case back to bezel, & 16.7mm xtal to xtal!!

I think it must be a double Big Mac!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I just measured the Dark Hamburger, 16.3mm case back to bezel, & 16.7mm xtal to xtal!!

I think it must be a double Big Mac!

I think what matters is that in real life, you present it well.

Yes the watch can be thinned to get rid of this tell, but many tells remain even for a fully modded AP, or even a franken with the correct thickness. I think that the watch looks good on your wrist. You can consider thinning it for comfort of wear, for that will make it seat lower on the wrist, and the profile less chunky for a more refined look (again nothing to do with how the gen looks, but a matter of personal aesthetical preference)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I think what matters is that in real life, you present it well.

Yes the watch can be thinned to get rid of this tell, but many tells remain even for a fully modded AP, or even a franken with the correct thickness. I think that the watch looks good on your wrist. You can consider thinning it for comfort of wear, for that will make it seat lower on the wrist, and the profile less chunky for a more refined look (again nothing to do with how the gen looks, but a matter of personal aesthetical preference)

Thanks mate, it does look great on these Diver straps.

Definitely no easy way to thin the case back though, either by removing or fitting a thinner gasket, the screw tubes on the case back protrude by the thickness of the gasket:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks mate, it does look great on these Diver straps.

Definitely no easy way to thin the case back though, either by removing or fitting a thinner gasket, the screw tubes on the case back protrude by the thickness of the gasket:
When I mentioned caseback thinning I meant a proper thinning by a modder. This is an example and it can be thinned further by a further 0.2-0.3mm by using a thinner rotor.
fef294e7145ccb99fef209302743fa91.jpg

Like I mentioned this is purely for personal preference and comfort of wear rather than trying to get the watch to look “more gen like”, a term which is subjective and often untrue where I’m concerned.

Reactions: Allure and teaston

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
yeah but legend 16.7mm is way more than a 15.3mm ROO we used to have like 2 years ago (?) what the hell happened to JF ??

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
yeah but legend 16.7mm is way more than a 15.3mm ROO we used to have like 2 years ago (?) what the hell happened to JF ??

Hello to you too bro lol.
You need to show off that 14mm watch of yours, a favorite (and appropriately inspiring) response to what AP thickness can be. I get that it’s a franken but it’s ridiculously thinner than gen if I recall correct haha.
Hope you’re holding up well and staying healthy sir.

Reactions: Allure
Status
Not open for further replies.