• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
f2f0638618f124e5345b5e044b97c15a.plist

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: jonnybaws

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think I should share my opinion as I have a box full of straps, bought from every strap maker in these rep forums, along with $30 ebay straps and gen straps.

It is true that Jacob straps are at least on the same level as gen AP (probably better TBH), and I can personally attest that SMP_lover straps are on top of everything available. First of all is durability as legend states, they look practically brand new after a year of careless daily wear. In comparison, anything I've bought from anyone else, has lasted two to three months before my careless handling makes its mark on the straps*. SMP_lover's attention to detail is probably second to none. Apart from that, the guy has made the strangest material combinations I have ever asked, and sometimes he even adjusts how shiny or matte the strap looks according to my preference. His incredible skills obviously don't limit to straps, as he and his team can make practically every leather product conceivable. 2020 marked the year I received some of the most complicated products he has offered which is.... CUSTOM SNEAKERS! And yes, these are actually miles better and more durable than most original J1s:

* APBands straps are actually very durable as well, on the same level as SMP_lover , but they are generally so stiff and rigid that they feel hard to wear. They take forever to break in.

+1 regarding APbands straps. Material isn’t bad and fitment is good, but the 2 I owned never seemed to season well. I use Vic all the time now and leave the gen straps unworn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I vote no but it looks like a horus (or vagenari or whatever) blue camo strap would look pretty cool it with it:

I have not 1 but 2 different blue camo I can try on but I'm not sure they'll work well. Conversely I saw a photo on a red rubber and it looked fire..too bad I sold mine to Tompa
Wanted to try something funky/summery although I myself i'm not a great fan of white straps. It'll work for a while then change again

Status
Not open for further replies.