• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sir, are you trying to tell me gently that the rest of the watch doesn’t look gen? I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but I silenced the rotor too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant no disrespect sir, your watch looks beautiful and if your watch is gen, then the dial is too. :D
I think that you got one of the newer J series black dial, which is even better than its predecessors.
Congrats mate! This is one of the best 15400 I've seen in the forums, gen or otherwise. ;)

Reactions: Allure

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Patrick18 any TD should be able to get these. Check if you get the newer dial. IMO a large improvement over the old one (with a much more pimply tapisserie pattern and uneven sWiSs MaDe plating). My EU TD was KS Watches

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I meant no disrespect sir, your watch looks beautiful and if your watch is gen, then the dial is too. :D
I think that you got one of the newer J series black dial, which is even better than its predecessors.
Congrats mate! This is one of the best 15400 I've seen in the forums, gen or otherwise. ;)

Haha no disrespect caused, it most certainly is not gen, but you knew that! It has 1 whole gen dial in it which I think complements the Chinese craftsmanship beautifully....

Thanks for the info on the dial possibly being J series, that’s nice to know

Reactions: legend and Garuda

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Haha no disrespect caused, it most certainly is not gen, but you knew that! It has 1 whole gen dial in it which I think complements the Chinese craftsmanship beautifully....

Thanks for the info on the dial possibly being J series, that’s nice to know

Of course it’s a beauty no doubt, but I think the rotor still looks loud and the caseback engraving was what gave it away in your initial picture. Absolutely so. :D

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
2477cc8e1fddfed1e1122c70a17e8118.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
2477cc8e1fddfed1e1122c70a17e8118.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Nice combo. I still can't believe I sold my FC Diver in which I put in a new Powermatic 80 movement. It was a perfect watch and I sold it to some lucky bugger on here. Why the hell did I do that!
Might have to build another.

Reactions: Tompa

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes, I presumed it wasn't by touching or sound.

Well there you go. I presume that the gen tastes the same as the rep too if you were to lick it.
So easiest to just look at the details and pick out the gen from the rep. .D

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
"
I presume that the gen tastes the same as the rep too if you were to lick it." I'm gonna try this at home this evening.

I hope my wife will cooperate. :)

Reactions: legend

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
Well there you go. I presume that the gen tastes the same as the rep too if you were to lick it.
So easiest to just look at the details and pick out the gen from the rep. .D

With all this tongue and cheek, this is not the sort of wrist action I expected!

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
With all this tongue and cheek, this is not the sort of wrist action I expected!

lol, if you study the tapisseries of that black dial (finish, shape and sharpness), the AP logo, and of course the print (sharpness, method of print, and font), you will be able to glimpse the differences.
The tapisseries are something the rep makers can never get right no matter which version.

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
lol, if you study the tapisseries of that black dial (finish, shape and sharpness), the AP logo, and of course the print (sharpness, method of print, and font), you will be able to glimpse the differences.
The tapisseries are something the rep makers can never get right no matter which version.

You’ve got a good eye. Thanks for explaining the differences. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.