• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
f56534fb5cfe0479e1a554cfe7e0f39a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: C Master and Tompa

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
278180105446c2920b6af61aa903d67c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dial looks correct but hands set and dw both are tells. It isn’t easy to build a proper 15400 franken and most guys just put a gen dial into a rep and call it good.

The good news is, whatever I said applies only to the context of your pic posted in RWI and 99.9% of the time it will make no difference to the people around you whether you’re wearing a v3, v5, franken or gen. If someone calls you out, you need to ask for their RWI member name and there’s a good chance it’ll either be QueTip or me. Lol

Congrats on the pretty watch I think it looks nice as a watch, accuracy of details aside.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
I sincerely hope that I'm never on the same terras with legend or QueTip , for instance with my "120 Britisch Pounds Reppossed Quarz AP extra thin."

but if you recognice this dear RWI friends, feel free to approach me, my pleasure to buy the both of you a nice wine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: legend and Rolemars

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I sincerely hope that I'm never on the same terras with legend or QueTip , for instance with my "120 Britisch Pounds Reppossed Quarz AP extra thin."

but if you recognice this dear RWI friends, feel free to approach me, my pleasure to buy the both of you a nice wine. :)

You’re definitely safe for the next few days, for QueTip and I will be at the same event (and therefore same exact location) and if you happen to run into us nonetheless (to you, we will likely appear as a pair of dickhead looking fellas wearing APs seated at a table looking at watches of passerbys and arguing if they are franken or rep or gen) please come up to us and say the magic phrase is “i am stane”. You can then join us for the beer and said debate. ;)

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Beautiful. Only the interesting stripes at the bottom edge of the bezel gives it away as rep. :D

Thanks mate!
It’s a little scroll wheel to change the Swiss made printing from a plate to the actual dial. New on V5.1.
Oh wait... maybe it’s just a reflection of my shirt. :D

Reactions: legend

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Yes thats the big giveaway on this model, i have the same thing on my :D
0352af2f33b4e5c2be7d1920167bcf20.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars and legend

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Dial looks correct but hands set and dw both are tells. It isn’t easy to build a proper 15400 franken and most guys just put a gen dial into a rep and call it good.

The good news is, whatever I said applies only to the context of your pic posted in RWI and 99.9% of the time it will make no difference to the people around you whether you’re wearing a v3, v5, franken or gen. If someone calls you out, you need to ask for their RWI member name and there’s a good chance it’ll either be QueTip or me. Lol

Congrats on the pretty watch I think it looks nice as a watch, accuracy of details aside.

Which is of course what I have done!! I wouldn’t go any further than it’s gen dial as there really is no point. I’ve never seen one in reality and not likely to get called by anyone I know. Thx.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
You’re definitely safe for the next few days, for QueTip and I will be at the same event (and therefore same exact location) and if you happen to run into us nonetheless (to you, we will likely appear as a pair of dickhead looking fellas wearing APs seated at a table looking at watches of passerbys and arguing if they are franken or rep or gen) please come up to us and say the magic phrase is “i am stane”. You can then join us for the beer and said debate. ;)

Mhoehahahahaha. I will use the "i am Stane" magic phrase.

In the mean time, the rest of us will be called out. You both even see the stripes on the bezel of Rolemars and call him out. Nobody is safe on any terras from now , wherever in the world that is. except me, for I now the magic phrase :)

RWI friends, beware of two dickhead looking fellas, wearing AP's seated at any table on a terras, specially when they start gaping at your wristwatch. get out of there.

Cheers. i am Stane

Reactions: legend and Rolemars
Status
Not open for further replies.