• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V2 Omega Ploprof movement help

Tommyv5

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/2/07
Did the V2 proplofs have 3 movement options? Or were they fitted with just an ETA or ETA clone? Looking to purchase a modded v2 Proplof with Asian movement but unfortunately the seller does not know what Asian movement it has 2813 or Asian ETA clone.

2813 21j
ETA clone
ETA swiss

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
The V2 only have Asian clone or Swiss ETA. If it have 21j movement it's the V1.5.

Tommyv5

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/2/07
Thank you for answering...........

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
When I bought my first V2 in early 2011 the Watch was only available with asian clone 2836-2 or the Swiss ETA 2836-2. I ordered one that said to be the best version first and I asked my dealer if the bezel button was working and he said no. But he went to the factory to check for another and then sent me pics of the V2. That was long before I known about all these V1 to V-whatever. I was glad it looked to be a great rep so paid 358 usd for the Swiss eta ultimate on orange rubber. The first one I rejected probably was a V1.5. It had the cheap looking clasp, 1 pcs case back and non working bezel lock and 1 pcs super thick sapphire and was 268 usd.

I got the watch bought the genuine mesh at my AD in Europe for about 860 usd. I was very pleased. Then I tried the gen and saw the date change and quick set is very different from rep and the gen. The gen set the date same way as omegas GMT watches.

Second I found out about this forum 2012 and started to look even more in to details and found out how badly lined the bezel was I found dirt fibers under the bezel and I decided to relume it. Then I got the case polished by a professional that works with gen omegas. Further I did a paint mod on the clasp + the non slip mod with 2 tighter springs.

But I needed cash and sold it.
Then 2013 I tried to find one as I got some extra money over and it where then out of stock for all TDs I asked.

Then a few weeks ago I herd rumors V2 was available again. It seems they have the correct case with serial 82058507 and the 2 pcs case back and bezel lock. But the earlier V1.5 insert and strap. For the dial and hands I don't know because mine haven't arrived yet. But the Swiss movements is now Sellitas when real Etas are harder and expensive to get. And usually reassembled from a bunch of broken movements. Also the prices now is the same for the clone as I paid for the Swiss ETA the first time.

So there are those plops available

V1 first sold and with crappy laminated crystal, with some 21j movement. It came in Goldplated and PVD versions also and it had happy feets and bad case back engravings.
Price from my dealer was 108-118 usd depending on case colour.

V1.5 sold with A2813 and 2836-2 clone. 148 and 258 usd

V2 the original batch of V2
Think it was mostly with Swiss ETA 2836-2 movements with STL marking on the rotors for 358 usd. Maybe also with clone for a little less I'm not sure.

V1,5-2 hybrid
Latest ones sold as V2
Asian clone ETA or Sellitas
358 or over 500 usd
Probably will be complete out of stock really soon.