• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO - my first rep. How badly did I mess it up?

movadont

27/11/11
I just got my first rep today. It was the first automatic I've ever used and I am a little freaked out that I just messes something up. It wouldnt move clockwise (kept ticking and "slipping?"). So I set the time in reverse. no problem, except the date is stuck on 22 and I can't get it to move. How bad is it? Can a watch smith take care me on this. I just had to see it go back to China. It is too damned good looking!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
-John

Feuervogel

Known Member
10/5/11
Usually the date jumps only in one direction: Forward!!!!
You have to turn as long as you have the right date (better one day before) then you adjust the time hands. For date-jumping don´t forget, the day has 24 hours and not 12 as shown on the dial ;-)

Important: Don´t adjust the date when the hour hand has a position between 11 and 1 (this may damage the movement) In this case turn the crown as long as the hour hand is on 9 or 3

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
As much as it may be a pain to send it back to China - sounds like you got a bum rep out of the box, and should really get the dealer to sort things out for you - you've already paid for the watch, and if I understand you correctly, it had faults the minute you got it. A refund or a replacement would be the fair thing, if that's the case. My 2 cents, anyway.

MMA

5/10/10
This is the keyless works. A simple, relatively cheap and quick fix for any proper watchsmith (not the mall guy).

Unfortunately, it's cheaper and infinitely more frustrating to send back to China unless you can do it yourself or know someone.

Bummer on you're first rep man :(

movadont

27/11/11
I'm not really bummed out. The watch is absolutely stunningly gorgeous. If it is a repair that can be made locally, I have no problem with that at all. I really feel like I could own some of the fault. I moved the minute hand in reverse immediately out of the box. Now it won't catch fully to continue to move forward. The date in the QC pics is before the date it is at now.

In all the dealer (supplier, I guess that is more accurate) treated me right. In fact, I ordered another watch from the same place last night after I posted this thread. That is how much confidence I have in this source.

I would rather not stir up anything with saying who it is right now. I am going to get the watch fixed and then I will put up a thread about my experience, which I still feel is a positive one, with this rep. I will say that it was not Puretime.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke, where are you mate and I'll give you an idea of who to send it too for repair.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I just had the pleasure of meeting Mr. CLS in person two days ago in Altadena. Nicest guy in the world... I wish I could have spent a little more time talking watches and BS'ing with him.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ain't you in FLA mate?

movadont

27/11/11
Wow. That is close. Thanks again! For now, I'm wearing it. It is a really beautiful hunk of steel!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Just got back from a quick visit to LA. Glad to be back to the real paradise.

Thanks for that Q5. Sorry I missed that one.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Well, if I was absolutely FORCED into living in California, I think San Diego would be my first choice. It's absolutely beautiful.

Do you smell the stink of Tijuana when the wind blows from the South? :lol:

movadont

27/11/11
Alright. I'll call that good. The fight is off. We don't have to meet at the flagpole after work anymore. And on the days that I use the mass transit system, yes; sometimes I think that is what the smell is!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Well, if I was absolutely FORCED into living in California, I think San Diego would be my first choice. It's absolutely beautiful.

Do you smell the stink of Tijuana when the wind blows from the South? :lol:

You just need to drive another 8 hours north to Carmel
happy-016.gif

I didnt realize CLS was here in California. That's great and his prices are very reasonable too.

movadont

27/11/11
UPDATE:

So the date changed on its own at midnight...errr...noon. I shot CLS a PM over on RWG, but I'm sure it will take a bit for him to get that.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to what it will cost me to get this fixed? What kind of "down time" for lack of a better term?