• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO mushroom / stud come off....way forward?

sparlymarky123

Horology Curious
1/4/07
My mushroom / stud has come off my bracelet - the bit that goes into the hole where the spring is on the clasp to close the watch. Anyone any suggestions as to the way forward? can you buy just that small bit of the bracelet (its about two cm long) that has the stud on it? - it appears to have pins either end do if i can get a new one with the stud on it can i just replace it???

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
My mushroom / stud has come off my bracelet - the bit that goes into the hole where the spring is on the clasp to close the watch. Anyone any suggestions as to the way forward? can you buy just that small bit of the bracelet (its about two cm long) that has the stud on it? - it appears to have pins either end do if i can get a new one with the stud on it can i just replace it???

If I were you, I'd go one of two directions. Either look for a used band from a member (many change the SS to rubber and sell the SS band here). Or, contact your dealer to see if they can sell you another SS band.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
I've had this problem occur on both my PO's. If you are lucky enough to still have the mushroom pin, then some crazy glue, or epoxy is the only way to secure it back on.

If you lost it, then the only other way is to find a replacement clasp. Ebay sells them Ofrei sells, them. You don't need the entire bracelet, just the clasp. The clasp can be takent apart into several pieces, but the mushroom pin comes permanently fixed onto one of the pieces (unless of course, you rip it out of the replacement piece and fix it on to your own clasp)

The other option is to replace your bracelet with a leather one. I got both the ss bracelet (with the glued on pin) and a leather.

robbnj

11/6/09
Find someone who is skilled at TIG welding. They can tack it place for you (and it will NEVER come off).

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Thats the weakest part of the PO, your dealer should be able to supply a replacement bracelet but don't go expecting a free replacement or just a clasp you probably have to buy a the entire bracelet to fix your clasp. Good thing it shouldn't be to expensive the bracelets are pretty cheap.